Celebrity death Pool Time

• Start date
  • Replies 1,842 Comments
  • Views 168,706 Views
Niki Lauda

He basically died of complications from his 1976 crash. He inhaled toxic gases while he was burning alive, and he recently had a lung transplant.

RIP legend

I thought the movie Rush (the one about Lauda and F1, not the other one) was great. I remember when it was over I had to start googling because I couldn't believe it was true and I wanted to determine just how much bullshit I had just witnessed.

Not much bullshit at all. Amazing true story.

The pics of him addressing the press right before his comeback the same season - they're pretty gross.

1974 was a BIG year for the Dodgers and enjoyed it LOTS though they lost to Reggie Jackson and A's in the WS! Looked it up, Steve Garvey was MVP and Jimmy Wynn the "Toy Cannon" finished 5th in the voting. And Billy Buck played LF with no regard for his body!

He died after a long battle with Lewy body dementia, Buckner's family said in a statement. The disease causes Alzheimer's-like symptoms along with movement and other problems.

RIP BB!

Attachments

• 1558991046880.png
    1558991046880.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 267
NEW YORK -- In the latest embarrassment for the New York Mets, the team has publicly apologized to two living members of its 1969 World Series championship team who were included in a video montage of dead players during the 50th anniversary celebration.

We need a Celebrity Alive Pool Thread

A celebrity in all the wrong ways, Robert Mugabe.

There will certainly be no place in heaven for what this monster did...

Drive is such a great song. The world will remember Ric.

I knew Ric as Weezer's producer on the Blue and Green albums. That's quite the legacy right there.

RIP music guru

I knew Ric as Weezer's producer on the Blue and Green albums. That's quite the legacy right there.

RIP music guru

Showing how old I am, I remember when MTV debuted and Cars videos were on constant rotation. “You Might Think” won the 1st Best Video Award If I remember correctly.

I also remember walking in the Lower East Side in NYC 30 years ago and seeing him and his supermodel wife. Guy was 6ft 4, but honestly looked 6ft 7 to me. Skinny as fuck, but that aura of rock star was all over him.

RIP Robert Hunter

Grateful Dead Collaborator and Lyricist

robert-hunter-jerry-e1569348684733.jpg

This quote of his should be a headline for the forum:

“What a long, strange trip it’s been.”