Celebrity death Pool Time

• Start date
  • Replies 1,852 Comments
  • Views 170,500 Views
Donald Jay Trump.

I'm expecting his health to take a turn for the worse in the very near future.

The theory being that he is attempting to look strong even though the virus has yet to hit top performance on his old body.
His vanity may kill him, which would be quite fitting.

Will Trump live to see November? If he's alive, will he be comatose?

Dude is too proud to admit this thing could fuck him up. Life with a dead president would be interesting.

Is that what the Canadian experts are saying?
Canadian experts? On what? I'm no expert pal, just a dude with a dream.

Plenty of information/opinions on the internet. But for the record, I'd trust Canadian journalism more than I would US (network) journalism. I'm not alone either.

Reno, I'm saying I'm bored and that Trumps death would amuse me. Not so much the death, but the aftermath. America might have to change its name from "United" to something else as it would be quite the shit show down there. Plus we Canadians can be smug as we watch the carnage in the USA from the safety of Canuckistan.

America is the entertainment centre of the world, I just want to be entertained by the best.

Annnnnddd Plummer shows up and ruins another sacred thread.

:rolleyes:

I am the ruiner, pal. But if Trump dies its all good. Now we both have something to cheer for.

Whose gonna protect poor Canada when America falls to shit? Get ready to be next Kyrgyzstan brother Plomm

Dating a French-Canadian woman who says that although health care is free in Quebec, the quality is suspect at best.

Her mother got admitted with stroke symptoms and she didn’t see a doctor for several hours.

Whose gonna protect poor Canada when America falls to shit? Get ready to be next Kyrgyzstan brother Plomm
Protect Canada from what?

PS: Canada is not poor and unlikely to ever be.

Dating a French-Canadian woman who says that although health care is free in Quebec, the quality is suspect at best.

Her mother got admitted with stroke symptoms and she didn’t see a doctor for several hours.
"Suspect at best" yes, Dr's here don't attend university and Canadian medical facilities are similar to those found in 3rd world countries, lol.

(My family Dr is a US citizen/resident that crosses the Detroit river 5 days a week to practise medicine in Canada - have any idea why an American Dr would "downgrade" in order to participate in the Canadian system and opt out of the US one?)

Sounds very scientific, and credible. Tron will she be publishing a formal report?

Last time I checked complete healthcare coverage is available to every Canadian citizen, with no "gotcha" clauses.
Its not Canadians complaining that our system sucks. Its Americans that cant settle things in their own country to provide healthcare for all.

Last edited:

Yep

Every location in Quebec? You've been treated at every hospital there? Marty common.

The point is that every Quebecker has the opportunity to experience the healthcare system, free of out of pocket expense. So many people in the US see the greatest hospitals but are ineligible for treatments in them. I think its sane for someone to accept "suspect" quality healthcare over no care whatsoever.
I also don't believe for a second that healtcare in Quebec overall can be accurately described as "suspect"

Last edited:
I just heard a fascinating nugget - cost of living up north is MORE than in the land of the free. Looked it up and its true - mostly due to the "free" healthcare (which I've also heard is dicey for anything serious).

So it’s like going to a second hand thrift store for clothes, but instead for doctors/hospitals?

Idunno plommer seems to know what he’s talking about.

Every location in Quebec? You've been treated at every hospital there? Marty common.

The point is that every Quebecker has the opportunity to experience the healthcare system, free of out of pocket expense. So many people in the US see the greatest hospitals but are ineligible for treatments in them. I think its sane for someone to accept "suspect" quality healthcare over no care whatsoever.
I also don't believe for a second that healtcare in Quebec overall can be accurately described as "suspect"

My point is, if you have to rely entirely on the public system, Canadian healthcare is a bit ghetto, and not just in Quebec. Wait times are long just about everywhere, and family doctors/walk-in clinics are understaffed and under-equipped. I remember being redirected to two other TO clinics to complete a round of tests when I had crippling vertigo, because equipment was lacking in the first two. It was a shit show.

ER wait times are notoriously long everywhere. You go to the ER in Canada, you expect to lose a day of your life.

Things are a bit better when you have complementary private insurance, which I did (and still do through wifey's work) but based on (admittedly anecdotal) evidence I don't think that Canadians with private insurance can access the same level of healthcare that insured Americans can. Wait times are a big thing especially when your condition is serious.

And a Canadian who buys into a private policy, like most people with middle-class jobs do, ends up paying a shitton of money for their "free" healthcare.

But sure, when I hear that millions of Americans go uninsured and can be bankrupted by a trip to the hospital, I'm happy to be part of a country that tries its best to take care of everyone. But that's because I'm still relatively young and healthy. I'm probably not going to praise my country so much when my body and/or mind start falling apart and I can't get a test for 12+ months.

And don't think for a second that everyone gets treated the same in Canada. It's all about who you know. My mom got to skip the line multiple times when an illness of hers turned out to be pancreatic cancer, all because she worked for the professional order of doctors in QC.

"Friends of the party" get VIP treatment all the time.
:renocool: