Cat people

• Start date
  • Replies 48 Comments
  • Views 3,751 Views
What are we going to name her?
Good question...in the running,,,, Grace/Gracie May (take on Macy Gray after whom my first doggie was named), Maddie, Ellie, Chloe, Claire, Cat (really...lame I know, but I have been calling her Cat for 3 days now and it seems easy when referring to Pogo and/or the "Cat." I could call it Katherine and Kat for short I guess. Molly,...there are a few others that I forget right now. It took me a while to name Pogo..does a name matter to a cat as much as a dog?
Wut? Lissen:

I assume since you can manipulate your profile pic, that you can take pictures and save them to your computer. So here's what you do. Go to imgur.com and create an account for yourself. Couldn't be simpler. Click sign up and fill in the blanks which I think is just an email, a password and a name you want to call yourself. IAG might work.

Boom, you have an account.

So now when you are signed in at imgur, hover over your name and there will be a drop-down menu. You will see Images. Click it. It will be empty at the start of course but you will see 2 options: Computer and Web. If you click on Computer you just navigate to wherever on your computer you have the pic and grab it. Either Double-click or click Open or whatever.

Boom, you will see a thumbnail of your pic on your Images page at imgur. Add as many as you want.

When you want to post one here - or wherever - click on the thumbnail on your Images page at imgur. That will call up the pic and you will see it front and center. From there just post it like you would any pic from the web.

i.e. - Right click - Copy Image Location - come to gamelive and click the Insert Image icon - paste that address in there and click OK.

Post pics of adorable cat with adorable little cat feet to gamelive. Bada boom, bada bing.
I'm being a little silly when I say I can't post pictures. I did it at one time using a "dropbox?" account? You probably helped me back then too. I just don't do it enough to recall how it works...I'll the imgur thing though...Thanks for typing all that out. I promise to do that, and to get some more kitty pics on by week's end.

it better be Harry :sparesomecutter:
HARRY! You know there is another cat I actually went to see. Her name is CeCe and she seems purrrrrfect. She doesn't like kids so I figure she would be right up my alley. They want her in an adult only home. But, she is being fostered so I couldn't see her when I was there. It's a whole process, but in the meantime I found this one. It still is nagging at me in the back of my mind..the other cat..I have to stop looking at their page. Harry will ALWAYS be the one who got away. :( They had a cat named POGO there. I thought it was kismet, but he didn't really do much for me.

Iag I think you need to have a standoff with that dog.

180 a month on dog food is insane.

Put dry food in his bowl.

He eats it or dies. It's not like you are feeding him poison.

Quick story
I bought some fish and a tank and supplies off some guy on CL

He was Indian, moved treadmills and dabbled in the fish market.

That's what he did.

Anyway, when the food he gave me ran out...I bought some food.

Not the food he bought...the food I bought.

Fish wouldn't eat.

Food was sinking in the tank and fking it up.

So i stopped feeding them. I can't remember how much I paid for this set up but it was a couple hundred.

But I don't give a fuck.

These gd fish are gonna eat the food I bought or they are gonna go down the damn toliet.

Few days later I tryed feeding them again.

Fuck

No.

No eat.

So I waited 2 more days.

They ate. And I now am on my second can, tub, jar or whatever the fuck you call it.
You're telling me. The problem is, that Pogo is diabetic and needs insulin twice a day and has to eat regularly to regulate his blood sugar. Otherwise, yes I would wait him out, but he has to eat before the insulin. I figure he only has another year or two left probably, so I will suck it up for now.

This is what my sister had to say:

We had a UV light. Eric thinks he bought it at Petsmart. It seems that yer cat pee glows under UV light.

Cool thanks! I'm going to get one today or tomorrow. I'll let you know. I'm almost scared to know, although I don't smell anything today. I hope I'm not noseblind already.

Kitty has gotten way more independent which is good I guess, but makes me sad that she is wanting to cuddle up with me less, and explore more. I have been hearing things going bump in the night. I better safety proof the place. One thing I was reminded of is that I should not be burning many candles which I do all the time. That sucks too, because I love candles. I guess I could put them up REALLY high, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

Back to the food. I have a bag of dry Purina and I bought a case of these meow mix small tubs with wet food. Should I give only dry? dry with one tub a day? dry with 2 tubs a day? If I could red the directions it would be nice, but type is too small. I can ask the vet later this week, but don't know how much to feed in the interim....the other problem is dog keeps eating her food and I'm not sure how much she is getting. Dog is used to having food down all the time. I will try to get cat on a schedule when dog is locked out of room.

Yeah I don't know what to say about food. Muddy always had dry food out. I would put out wet food as well, and she would eat it for awhile but then she would gradually ignore it and more and more, it would end up getting dumped. Finally I would stop putting it out - but then a couple weeks later we would start the cycle again.

Fortunately she was not an overeater so there was no need to regulate with the dry. I kinda recall feeding her Whiskas and then later a vet saying it was complete garbage and switching us over to Iams or Science Diet or whatever. And then later there was a low ash formulation for kidney problems.

Muddy actually did live with a dog for a couple years - and I remember the dog gobbling down her food the first time. We simply got in the habit of putting the food up high. Like at the end of my desk or something like that. It was an old dog without good mobility - and Muddy was a great leaper/climber - so it was an easy fix. Don't know if it applies to your situation.

Cat food on a desk is trashy.

Any cat can get on a desk. You didnt have some cat with special jumping ability..

Cough..cough...moron.

Dump the pogo,..special needs animals are retarded.

I thought she was just really affectionate. Turns out she's in heat. She is rubbing up on everything and won't stop writhing and meowing. Must. Spay. Soon.

I use the spray on my sofa, but it only works for about 24 hours. There's a double sided tape that works really well. You can find it at PetSmart or Petco. I'v found that a scratching post with catnip spray (I spray it on in the mornings usually) works best because the cat will prefer to scratch that over the furniture.

I use the spray on my sofa, but it only works for about 24 hours. There's a double sided tape that works really well. You can find it at PetSmart or Petco. I'v found that a scratching post with catnip spray (I spray it on in the mornings usually) works best because the cat will prefer to scratch that over the furniture.

Thanks, I will check out the tape..I like that idea.

Last night kitty jumped on my dining room table and knocked over three heavy candlesticks leaving 3 chips in the wood. I'm not sure I'm cut out for this.

I got the black light and ready to go...have to wait for dark. I'm still calling her "Cat." I really should pick out a name but it might become Cat by default.

images

I wonder how much Matty pays to feed that fat cat of his.

We tried switching to a super-premium brand that's almost all protein and very little fat, and he's just getting worse. I used to be able to pick him up with one hand to chuck him out of bed, but no more. It's a two-hands maneuver now. He's about as heavy as JL, 28-30 pounds.

He's always hungry. We know we should manage his portions, but fuck me if I'm going to deal with a meowing, begging cat every night.

28 bucks a bag. Lasts I don't know how long. I wanna say 3-4 weeks.

http://acana.com/our-foods/regionals-cats/?lang=usa

Aight, I just weighed him, he's actually a 26lbs sack of fat and dandruff.

Canadian quarter placed on the cat for size reference:

vftuF74.jpg