CaliGirlNJ s Thank You Speech VIDEO

• Start date
  • Replies 160 Comments
  • Views 14,253 Views
Hoff I woulda put him into a standing Kimora, and snapped his arm if he kept resisting..... like Kazushi Sakuraba did to one of the Gracie's

Definitely a reasonable use of force in the given situation.

I don't have any problem with the taser....I have a problem with the cop swinging a stick at the guy's head while he is just standing there....

I'd lawyer up if I were him

I thought there were two new pages of CALIGIRL talk, it was all about tazers :down:

Finally more info on the situation

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11102/1138714-53.stm

Police reviewing arrest of man at PNC Park
Video of incident raises questions about police use of excessive force
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
By Sadie Gurman and Torsten Ove, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pittsburgh police Chief Nate Harper and the Citizen Police Review Board are investigating whether officers used too much force to subdue a Friendship man at PNC Park Saturday night.

Chief Harper said his office is examining whether it was necessary for officers to deploy a Taser on Scott James Ashley, 41, and then hit him with their batons.

Another person, Amanda Harle, 30, of Mt. Lebanon, also was arrested after police said she yelled at officers taking Mr. Ashley into custody and then resisted an officer's attempts to remove her from the park, screaming obscenities and telling them that she worked for KDKA. She was charged with aggravated assault, defiant trespass and disorderly conduct.

During Saturday night's game, personnel at PNC Park asked for assistance in the left field general admission section after getting reports of an unruly fan using foul language and refusing to leave the park.

A YouTube video of the arrest shows city Detective Francis Rende and Officer Jeffrey W. LaBella striking Mr. Ashley several times before taking him to the ground and handcuffing him.

The video starts with the detective leading Mr. Ashley down the stairs. At the bottom, Mr. Ashley elbows a PNC Park employee, sparking the confrontation with police.

After a Taser failed to subdue Mr. Ashley, the video shows both officers hitting him several times with their batons, first in the upper body, once near his head, and then several times in the legs.

In an affidavit, Detective Rende wrote that he told Mr. Ashley that he was under arrest but that Mr. Ashley refused to put his hands behind his back. He also wrote that officers feared for their safety.

Investigators for the review board expect to present a summary of their findings at the board's next meeting April 26.

Beth Pittinger, the executive director, said it's too early to reach any conclusions but said she has concerns over the amount of force she saw in the video, particularly at the end.

"When the officer kneels on the guy's neck when he's on the ground, that's a problem," she said, noting that deaths of subjects from "positional asphyxia" has been an issue in the past.

She also noted, however, that Mr. Ashley did not listen to commands, shook off the effects of the Taser and, at one point 33 seconds into the video, appears to reach for the officer's baton.

"That further escalates it," she said, "and then you have the whole crowd escalating it."

She had a recommendation for those encountering police: Comply.

Mr. Ashley, whose only prior conviction was a guilty plea to disorderly conduct in 2009, faces charges of harassment, public drunkenness, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. He was being held Monday in the Allegheny County Jail on a $5,000 straight bond.

Police said Ms. Harle was at the front of a crowd that had gathered around them, demanding to know why Mr. Ashley was being arrested and refusing to step back when she was asked, according to a criminal complaint.

She then refused to leave when police said they were ejecting her and started screaming profanities. At one point, the complaint said, she "pulled herself to the ground" and tried to kick the arresting officer. She smelled of alcohol, the complaint said.

Ms. Harle was arraigned Sunday morning and released on her own recognizance. She is scheduled to go before a judge next Tuesday for a preliminary hearing.
Sadie Gurman: [email protected] or 412-263-1878. Torsten Ove: [email protected] or 412-263-1510. Staff writer Moriah Balingit contributed.

First published on April 12, 2011 at 12:00 am

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11102/1138714-53.stm#ixzz1JJy1w1Uj

I guess the Cop saying he feared for his safety would make anything justified. He could have drawn his weapon and shot him I guess.

I guess the rule is that you can use force if you fear for your safety. Who, other than the individual Cop, actually knows whether the Cop feared for his safety?

the guy shouldn't have grabbed at the baton....

that might be the deal breaker for him.....

the only 1 prior arrest was suprising to me

Beth Pittinger, the executive director, said it's too early to reach any conclusions but said she has concerns over the amount of force she saw in the video, particularly at the end.

"When the officer kneels on the guy's neck when he's on the ground, that's a problem," she said, noting that deaths of subjects from "positional asphyxia" has been an issue in the past.

She also noted, however, that Mr. Ashley did not listen to commands, shook off the effects of the Taser and, at one point 33 seconds into the video, appears to reach for the officer's baton.

She had a recommendation for those encountering police: Comply.

Whether the police are right or not, they have a job to do and IMO you must obey! If they are wrong, you will be righted!

I think Reverend Wolff would say that your comments in this thread aren't very Christian, Arch. I'm amazed that you have time to throw barbs at me in between looking after all that property you own. Tee hee.

frogot all about this shit until today. wasn't really on my radar for a few months....

until a pleasant reminder chat reminder from an old friend

gotta love the forgetful barbs

teehee

poor wolff is dealing with alot of health issues at the moment though. keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

oh dear, do we really wanna go down that road? I'm kinda scared.

I wish someone could just handle me on the forums

ttp://www.presstv.ir/usdetail/180551.html

cops in SF under heat

Whoa. You guys had a good looking chick here. I came way late to the gamelive party.

you might be just in time...

maybe you, your girl, blitty and Cali can get together and paint the town red, and paint the bedroom walls with genital juices......

Guy who shall not be name. Must be Blitty. HAHAHAHA.

CaliGirl...I have an 8-ball.

CALL ME!