boo taxes

• Start date
  • Replies 51 Comments
  • Views 3,788 Views
too many stops? pain in the ass passengers?

too many stops? pain in the ass passengers?

Too many stops AND pain in the ass passengers. After being on the highway and driving at 110 km for hours at a time it was annoying to be chugging up the street at 40kms listening to the "ding" as passengers requested a stop, and doing it every few seconds. Plus traffic etc. I was miserable in transit.

I moved to Vancouver in 1994 and got a job driving a tour bus in the area, non union, lousy wagers and more responsibilities. It was fun though, I used to do sightseeing tours, pick up passengers at the cruise ship terminal in Vancouver and take them to the airport in Seattle, and would pickup new passengers in Seattle and bring them back to the cruise ship terminal.

Ironically it is US law that makes Vancouver the hub for Alaskan cruise ships, since most if not all of the cruise ships are not US registered they are not allowed to pickup in the US for a US destination (Seattle to Anchorage). They are allowed to pickup from a foreign port (Vancouver) for transport to Anchorage.
The port workers in Seattle were always complaining that the cruise ships should start/finish in Seattle and that Seattle was losing out on jobs etc. So the US has laws with the intent of protecting American jobs that in reality costs American workers their jobs.

:canada:

Also spent alot of time on the BC Ferries system transporting passengers to/from Vancouver Island from the British Colombia mainland. After parking the bus on the ship I would head up to the awesome buffet and sit and eat with the other drivers for the duration of the voyage.

I had fun at that job too.

Last edited:
I don't mind paying taxes.

This is where Canadian and American attitudes seem to be very different.

Wrong I don't mind paying taxes and I'm a dumb american. I'm more offended how our government spends some of the taxes they collect, but that's another story.

So he can give the gov't an interest free loan all year? No thanks.

I was going to say Tomato I think you won here. Last year the government kept my 9k that I was owed. Who the fuck knows what they wasted that on.

How did they keep 9k that you were owed?

FreeFall, are you having a stroke?

Got BURIED last year for $6K.

Changed my W4 dramatically so I'm cautiously optimistic that there won't be another burial. We're not in a good tax bracket, boys.

Some retard small business owner on Fox News talking about how if her earnings get close to the top bracket (400k) she will just shut down for the rest of the year. Apparently no one knows enough to explain to her that we have marginal tax rates.

por que estas viendo fox news

Mi conjetura es el movimiento de Colorado le hizo venir a el lado conservador de pensar! Pulgares arriba!

Mi conjetura es el movimiento de Colorado le hizo venir a el lado conservador de pensar! Pulgares arriba!

Nah, el politico no me interesa de ningun lado.

Camarones al ajillo con pimientos

Bueno, a lo que ests punto muerto!

FreeFall, are you having a stroke?

Got BURIED last year for $6K.

Changed my W4 dramatically so I'm cautiously optimistic that there won't be another burial. We're not in a good tax bracket, boys.

I'm not in the medical profession, but I don't believe I'm having a stroke. This is based on my extensive youtube research as to how those occur.

How did they keep 9k that you were owed?

I phrased that wrong. They didn't keep it, but they certainly got to hold that money from me for the duration until it was owed to me. I'd prefer to have loans from them and pay them back then they have loans from me that they pay back.

So fix your shit.

It was about even until the gambling winnings were entered in. Those were taxed at what, 15% ish?

not happy about my figure either. Still debating on whether to take standard deduction or claim loses.

So did we end up getting the bush tax cut or not? Seems like with the state it comes out to 20% which is pretty ridiculous for people making under 50K. And if you pay self employment tax might as well move in under a bridge.
sole reason many small businesses may "cook the books" throughout the yr.
degree and ease of "cooking" would vary by professions I'd imagine.