boo taxes

• Start date
  • Replies 51 Comments
  • Views 3,788 Views
No, probably only 200 winning days per year.

I think Canada is a progressive first world nation, if it wasn't so bitterly (-30) cold 11 months of the year we would be a more attractive destination for immigrants.

Canada reached 35 million people in December. Congo kings don't give a fuck about the cold.

By the way RJ, I saw that "accounted" in the US number! I love all colors, but if Mr. Tomato has to pay the man, then everyone should pay the man!

Canada reached 35 million people in December. Congo kings don't give a fuck about the cold.

Rouge I was only kidding about the 11 months of cold, pal.

We have 4 seasons, with cold winters (3 months) and warm summers.

Back in 1988 I was driving a Gray Coach bus from Buffalo NY to Toronto via Fort Erie & Niagara Falls, had a woman and her teen daughter sitting in the front seat and we were chatting as I pulled out of the Greyhound station in Buffalo.

She was from NYC and had never been to Canada, it was July. As we traveled over the Peace Bridge in to Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada she asked me why it was so warm, she was 100% serious. She thought that it was cold in Canada and by crossing the border the weather would change, instantly.

I politely reminded her it was summer and the temps are about the same from Buffalo to Toronto. We drove on to Toronto and kept chatting.

She was a nice lady, just not too bright.

PS: The bus driving job at Gray Coach was the most enjoyable job I've ever had. Met tons of broads and spent 4 nights a week in a hotel in Buffalo. I was a junior driver and none of the older drivers wanted to be stuck in a hotel 4 nights a week away from home/family. I had a fukkin blast.

(200 X 5000) - (165 X 5000) = 175,000 - taxes = living the good life!

Americans think the same thing about Colorado plom. Even though Denver has warmer winters than most of the country. Been 10-15c all month.

(200 X 5000) - (165 X 5000) = 175,000 - taxes = living the good life!

You don't win 100% on win days and lose 100% on losing days Mr. Monkey.

2% is a good hold for a gamlber. 365 * $5,000*.02 = $36,500. Though you can bet way more than 5k per day.

I get now it Rito!

Americans think the same thing about Colorado plom. Even though Denver has warmer winters than most of the country. Been 10-15c all month.
I'm aware of the temps in Colorado. Y'all have some crazy weather there. I was in Calgary in the summer of 1994 and it snowed overnight during a heatwave in the US east where people died.

Calgary has similar climate/wakky weather as Denver and relatively mild winters due to the chinook winds that come in from the mountains.

I also remember reading a story that said the licence plates from New Mexico include "USA" because many Americans think New Mexico = Mexico.

Toronto was originally known as "York" until 1834.

Plommer ship me a nickle you mother fuker.

No one wants to pay for taxes but they want to get all the benefits that taxes provide them.

No one wants to pay for taxes but they want to get all the benefits that taxes provide them.

I don't mind paying taxes.

This is where Canadian and American attitudes seem to be very different.

Plommer, I wanted to be a bus driver as a kid, I like your bus driving stories :up:

I don't mind paying taxes either. Maybe is because I wasn't born here even though now I'm American. People in this country think that the highways and bridges and dams and airports that were built in the 50's and 60's can function indefinitely without repairs or upgrades. And concrete and steel is not cheap.

they make it tough on you if you want to avoid enslaving yourself. (seems very unamerican)

And we don't much care for how govt spends the money. Plus Americans ultimately despise each other anyway. We are not nice like Canadians. We are foked.

pretty sure government gonna owe me money after sending in first two quarterly payments. sweet year.

Plommer, I wanted to be a bus driver as a kid, I like your bus driving stories :up:

Reno, I was 22 when I started driving a bus, I applied to be a transit bus driver at the TTC (Toronto Transit Commission).

I was hired and because I already held a bus driver license I was told I would be going to the "Gray Coach" division of the TTC as a seasonal or "Furlough" driver for the summer, Gray Coach was the TTC inter city bus line that was formed way back in the old days of Toronto. AS a Gray Coach driver I operated Gray Coach, Go Transit, Ontario Northland and Greyhound USA buses in southern Ontario as Gray Coach held the licenses in the area.

I used to operate the Greyhound NYC express from Toronto to Buffalo, I drove the bus in Canada as American drivers are not permitted to drive the bus in Canada (on a scheduled service run, charters are ok). After finishing at Buffalo I took a taxi to my hotel and partied the night away.

I'm 46 yrs old and my all time most enjoyable job was driving the Gray Coach bus back in the 1980's.

Gray Coach is now defunct, they were forced to sell after competitors claimed they had an unfair advantage of being subsided by the government as transit.

After driving on the highway I couldn't adapt to city transit driving and quit. I fokkin HATED driving a transit bus.