Tomato

TEACHER VOICE ON [OFF]
Since
Apr 12, 2010
Score
Tokens
29y418w.jpg

:boo:

Yea I don't even have what I owe this year.

not happy about my figure either. Still debating on whether to take standard deduction or claim loses.

So did we end up getting the bush tax cut or not? Seems like with the state it comes out to 20% which is pretty ridiculous for people making under 50K. And if you pay self employment tax might as well move in under a bridge.

Taxes are good. They pay for all the services you receive from your government.

They also fund your military which keeps America safe from invasion.

Tomato common.

In Canada taxes are used to provide healthcare for all it's citizens. I don't mind paying taxes.

I don't own a gun.

I pay extra tax to make sure that that TurboTax figure is a bit in the green every year. The CRA even adds interest on the amount you overpay.

:guitar:

Tomato, ever think of getting more taken out weekly from your check? Possibly you need to be teaching 1st-2nd grade math?

Plus it safer not dealing with crazy 7th graders or their parents threatening you!

Tomato, ever think of getting more taken out weekly from your check?!

So he can give the gov't an interest free loan all year? No thanks.

not happy about my figure either. Still debating on whether to take standard deduction or claim loses.

So did we end up getting the bush tax cut or not? Seems like with the state it comes out to 20% which is pretty ridiculous for people making under 50K. And if you pay self employment tax might as well move in under a bridge.

Yes the cut is permanent unless you make over 400k. Seems a little ridiculous how much debate there was to raise taxes on people that make over 400k a year. There are certainly so many of them.

I'm pretty sure you have to pay self-employment tax.

I thought I'd have the foreign income exemption since I wasn't planning on moving here. It's like 20k extra I'm out.

So he can give the gov't an interest free loan all year? No thanks.

It may be an "interest free loan" but having the additional taxes taken off his pay will help him with the tax burden at the end of the year.

How much interest would he earn on 5K if he kept it in a bank account for a year, $10?

Canada does pay back w/interest. I think you just need to fill out that form that says you're willingly overpaying taxes, then the govt. immediately starts computing the interest on your overpayments.

Mind you, the interest is almost nothing (I overpay by $50 every paycheck/$1300 a year.)

Rito, I'm talking bout bringing his number as close to 0 as possible! Clearly Tomato didn't and sounds like the money wasn't properly invested or he wouldn't be upset!

It may be an "interest free loan" but having the additional taxes taken off his pay will help him with the tax burden at the end of the year.

How much interest would he earn on 5K if he kept it in a bank account for a year, $10?

Tomato could bet that 5k every day. If he held 2% that's an extra $36,500.

Canada does pay back w/interest.

I think Canada is a progressive first world nation, if it wasn't so bitterly (-30) cold 11 months of the year we would be a more attractive destination for immigrants.