Bitcoin-based online gambling

• Start date
  • Replies 1,932 Comments
  • Views 130,180 Views
That's a bunch of how to win a Facebook argument 101 bullshit and while (I assume) most of it is correct it's all irrelevant.

That's a bunch of how to win a Facebook argument 101 bullshit and while (I assume) most of it is correct it's all irrelevant.
Not sure what you are saying here.

I noticed on the tax form there's a question asking if you bought any crypto in 2020. All of mine was bought maybe 2018.
:coolingoff:
I figure I'm in the clear for whatever they're getting at

I noticed on the tax form there's a question asking if you bought any crypto in 2020. All of mine was bought maybe 2018.
:coolingoff:
I figure I'm in the clear for whatever they're getting at
You’re good as long as you didn’t profit take, right?

If you have done anything with it like( sold at gain or loss, ) exchanged for another crypto. funded a book, or even bought a cup of coffee with it, you are supposed to create the taxable event. If you have just held since 2018. then just mark the “no” box and move on. But the IRS is not playing anymore. I’ve read a lot about this the last few years, but here is something I just read recently...

You’re good as long as you didn’t profit take, right?

Not only, spending also must be reported. When you purchased something with bitcoin has the price risen since you acquired the bitcoins? If yes that must be reported.

47AD71A9-6DCF-47F3-A7D1-EEB5545C9374.png

Does freefall still post here? Whenever I see bitcoin I think of this thread. Hope it's made some of you filthy rich. Do we have any bitcoin millionaires that have sold at the top?