Bitcoin-based online gambling

• Start date
  • Replies 1,932 Comments
  • Views 130,174 Views
Did anyone buy some Bitcoin when it went on sale last week?

Bought 3@ 45.5 and just took profits on all @ 50.4-51.0.
Wow you risked 150K on the chance that it would tank?

Sounds like the opposite of everything you’ve ever advised me lol

x2
I cant see this taking off.
past yr I may have been involved w/ bitcoins I;ve seen some massive swings.
most notable was something like $12 down to $5 in a day
been fairly stable last few months after upswing back to above $10 from my limited attention spent on it.

dont quote me but remember something about 1 group of investors holding a majority of coins in circulation???
meaning they could manipulate market ?
$12 to $5 in one day you say? SELL!!!! BEFORE IT GOES TO ZERO!!

Chamath discussing Bitcoin when it was worth less than $200.

Reactions: IAG
Wow you risked 150K on the chance that it would tank?

Sounds like the opposite of everything you’ve ever advised me lol
Doesn't sound right does it pretty boy?

Did Mrs Boner give the ok for hubby to purchase $150k worth of bitcoin? She's a real gambler!

:irishluck:

I must have poor friends. I don’t have any inner circle friends who consider $150K pocket change

Hah! I love me some Kings.

Iag I just sent you an email, please take a look when you have a chance.

IAG

Kings of Leon NFT...wonder if anyone here likes KOL. :)
Love it.

The devaluation of music over the last 10-20 years has been sickening. All started with Napster.

Inner Mongolia, an autonomous region/province of China has banned all bitcoin mining, all miners have been ordered to stop by the end of April

It's calculated around 7% of bitcoin's mining hashrate comes from miners in this area

Inner Mongolia's power plants are still huge on coal, the CCP's next 5 year plan says that they will reduce the dirty power consumption from coal to meet a carbon reduction goal, in their bid to lower this number the miners got cut off by the electric company/provincial government

If the price jumps after the next stimulus checks go out I’m going to take some profit.

Lots of talk in the last week about the amount energy btc uses, wonder when the tree huggers, the trustafarians in Patagonia gear, and all the green new dealers start protesting btc.

From my FB crypto group:
“To keep this in perspective, over 72% of Bitcoins hash rate comes from renewable energy. Mostly hydro. A lot of the rest of it comes from excess energy, like gas wells that they either burn off or use for crypto. But most importantly, have you ever added up the energy that takes to move money in the traditional finance system? Building all of the banks? Paying bills to run them. Paying employees to work in them. Having the employees drive to work? All of the technology inside the banks that needs to be purchased, supported, and powered? <--- This pretty much destroys the whole Bitcoin consumes to much power debate. “

I always had same thoughts you did, but he makes some valid points.