Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,805 Comments
  • Views 91,509 Views
:grin: Tella Tron avatar looks similar. That's my theory.
I had to look back n forth couple times. good work everybody :clap:

I have a new way of tracking my fitness goal for 2022 - using the road cycling categories chart, which is based on a cyclist's power-to-weight ratio:
ftp-table (1).png

Long story short, I'm using a power meter on my bike along with a piece of PC software (Golden Cheetah) that analyzes my power output and heart rate to model my power curve. My "FT" (functional threshold) power to weight ratio currently sits at 3.64W/kg (317W for 87kg) which makes me a shitty Cat 3 racer.

My absolute ceiling is probably in the neighborhood of 5W/kg, say 375W at 75kg, but that would likely involve years of training to gain 55-60W and lose 25-27lbs.

My goal for 2022 is to reach the bottom of the Cat 2 range which is 4.18W/kg.

The cool thing is that I can work on either or both parts of the equation (lose extra weight/increase power)

320W/76.5kg is the same as 364W/87kg (my current weight). Dropping the weight seems like the fastest way to make quick gains at this stage.

Let's goooooo 🚴‍♂️🍎🥕

I should probably stop eating JL's Halloween candy.

On behalf of Tron, I'll answer.

I was racing someone on a bouncy obstacle course where the last part is the slide. They let the next wave of kids through and a teenager (my size) got somehow tangled up with me on the way down the slide. I did a backwards flip (heard lots of crunching) and landed with the kid on top of me. On the pavement. The bounce thing was deflating. I left with lots of scrapes and bruises. Will I do it again? More than likely.

I have a new way of tracking my fitness goal for 2022 - using the road cycling categories chart, which is based on a cyclist's power-to-weight ratio:

Long story short, I'm using a power meter on my bike along with a piece of PC software (Golden Cheetah) that analyzes my power output and heart rate to model my power curve. My "FT" (functional threshold) power to weight ratio currently sits at 3.64W/kg (317W for 87kg) which makes me a shitty Cat 3 racer.

My absolute ceiling is probably in the neighborhood of 5W/kg, say 375W at 75kg, but that would likely involve years of training to gain 55-60W and lose 25-27lbs.

My goal for 2022 is to reach the bottom of the Cat 2 range which is 4.18W/kg.

The cool thing is that I can work on either or both parts of the equation (lose extra weight/increase power)

320W/76.5kg is the same as 364W/87kg (my current weight). Dropping the weight seems like the fastest way to make quick gains at this stage.

Let's goooooo 🚴‍♂️🍎🥕

So now that winter is coming we're going to be exclusively indoor?

Yap. Still using the balcony for now but it's borderline ❄️🧣

Haven’t gone on a bike ride in 20 days and poof, like magic, I’ve gained 4 pounds.

Rainy days, things coming up and lack of motivation. I’ll have to focus on getting back into the biking routine.

I don't enjoy cold-weather riding so I've parked my bike on the indoor trainer and I'll be doing structured training using TrainerRoad over the winter.

I'd been doing 6 hours a week of training mixed with some outdoor rides until recently. I just bumped that up to 10 hours a week since I don't expect to ride outdoors anytime soon.

Today is vo2max day with one 60-min workout at noon and another one before dinner. #lesgoooooo

Screenshot_20211116-094336_TrainerRoad.jpg

Screenshot_20211116-094424_TrainerRoad.jpg

I have a 2-hour vo2max workout scheduled today. I can tell it's going to hurt. 😬

Screenshot_20211123-101004_TrainerRoad.jpg

He does look like he could be related to plommer on there.

D086FC2B-33F5-4B08-A7F5-83D49910ED0B.png
Day after Thanksgiving isn’t the day to sit around on your ass, boysssss. Amazing weather down here right now.