Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • •
  • Replies 2,803 Comments
  • • Views 91,468 Views
Wifey is turned on by my cycling exploits. And by the spandex.

Actually, a lot of women behave funny around the spandex. 🙃

I wanna go back with the Kona when the hill is perfectly dry. I did 1:17 while riding the brakes and the KOM is 0:57. I bet I can come within a few seconds of it - my weight is an advantage here.

Screenshot_20210906-161701_Strava.jpg
I might go back for round 2 tomorrow with the Kona. No messing around, right to Bowles Hill and then back up a different hill. One pass. One shot. #momsspaghetti

Screenshot_20210906-181316_Strava.jpg

Went back to Bowles Hill for round 2, with the Kona. Wind was all wrong but I still managed to beat my time and top speed. Got a bit of a speed wobble @ 75km/h 😬

Screenshot_20210907-110435_Strava.jpg

Screenshot_20210907-110047_Wahoo.jpg

Wife - How was the bike ride? Less life-threatening than yesterday's?
Me - More, actually. I took the faster bike.
Wife - lol

(My life is insured for $500k.)

wait I just saw the map.. I thought Bowles Hill was closer to Toronto. Did you rode your bike all the way there?

No. I was staying at my in-laws' in nearby Markdale, which is about 90 miles north of Toronto (and 25 miles south of Owen Sound.)

I'm home now. Last night was just our second night at the new condo.

Blitty and me recently had a text conversation about life insurance... being worth more dead than alive prob not a good look for peeps like all of us.

If you are not the primary provider for your family, there is no point in paying premium for life insurance. However, disability/critical illness insurance might be useful if you indulge in risky activities.

If you are not the primary provider for your family, there is no point in paying premium for life insurance. However, disability/critical illness insurance might be useful if you indulge in risky activities.
Ima try to crash properly, thanks vaggy

When I was younger,I just insured my mortgage.Didn’t want to leave this world in debt.

First TO ride boys
Screenshot_20210909-133002_Strava.jpg

The downtown core stretch sucks, so many traffic lights, but the first and last thirds are pretty fast. Fun ride overall. Just no hills at all - nothing.

I followed a fit dude on a Cervélo for a few miles because he obviously knew all of the trail's corners and shortcuts. He tried to drop me but I was faster than him, could've overtaken him at any point. Feltgoodman.

:nelson:

I went by SIXTY-FOUR Strava segments. My best results today were all around the 85th percentile, for about a dozen of the 64 segments. I'll take it.

Balmy Beach in the east end
20210909_114426.jpg

20210909_114448.jpg

20210909_114348.jpg

I thought you said you don't live in downtown anymore. Why not just head on Muddy's direction instead of doing that line through downtown?

Ah, fair point. What I did today is the Martin Goodman Trail which is a multi-use path that starts where I live (west end) and goes through downtown and the east end. Not sure how to get to Muddy without riding through actual car traffic, which is sucky.