Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,817 Comments
  • Views 94,056 Views
work on breaking the cubing record whilst cycling over 20 km/hr

Petition to change title of thread.

"Big Boys Club" sounds like a fun place where fat foks like me could just hang out and talk about deep fried foods and shit.

This is more of a "Bikers Club" or "Exercise Freaks" or "Former Big Boys Club" or "Matty Rain is Canadian Lance Armstrong" or something.
We also need a separate push up thread.

-Stationary bikes just don’t hit the way a real bike does

-Outdoors!

-doing something you used to do as a carefree 11 year old makes you feel briefly young again

Do you think those calories burn calculation are accurate?
Not Strava's. I'd need to add a heart rate monitor.

Carb Manager's (higher) numbers are likely more accurate:
Screenshot_20210704_121534_com.wombatapps.carbmanager.jpg

Not Strava's. I'd need to add a heart rate monitor.
Add a heart rate monitor I did! Wahoo Tickr X (chest strap). And I was right - Strava's calorie number is now in line with those of the food logging apps:
Screenshot_20210705_163820_com.strava.jpg

Screenshot_20210705_163852_com.strava.jpg

I wouldn't have thought that riding a bike would burn so much

Me neither! I'm surprised to see that it raises your heart rate by a ton, even with a moderate effort.

Cycling is amazeballs

you must be pushing all the time. I always wonder why those yahoos zoom by me.
I like to cruise, only push on those annoying hills. I'm guessing my avg heart rate is 95

Well yeah. I cycle as a workout, not as a way to get from A to B. I also seek hills to improve my climbing skills.

ON YOUR LEFT RENO

M.on.your.left.lightblue-2_1024x1024.jpg

This is the worst hill I've encountered so far - it looks like nothing because of the GoPro's super wide field of view, but trust me. It starts out at a very slight grade and it ramps up to 12-15% over a few hundred meters. I was a few mins away from completing Owen Sound-Wiarton in under 2 hours and my legs were already mostly gone, so I had to resort to the slalom trick to avoid putting a foot down. Horrible. 👌

come to think of it, I've yet to see a fat guy on a road bike, with that pointy helmet, spandex and those little gloves :hmm:
...common Dave, give it a try

I think this guy is considered to be a Big Boy. Don't know if you want him to join your club though. Love me them English soccer fans! :yes:

I've regained a bunch of weight since getting off keto. 196.8 this morning. Waist measures the same so it seems to be all water weight.

I'm not concerned with the scale number anymore, I just wanna get leaner. Should I invest in skinfold caliper thingies?