Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,835 Comments
  • Views 98,111 Views
TdF pros produce as much power over AN ENTIRE 200KM SEGMENT 😂😂😂
That's not actually true, I misread. The best riders can produce 375W-400W over an hour. Over a full ~200km ride, it's more like a 200W average.

So I have about 1/60 of the fitness level of a pro. 💪

What App are you using for biking Matty?

you guys are inspiring me to get into biking some more

I love riding my fix gear harper bike in the city and on the lakeshore path, but i've never really tracked my rides

Strava

If you enter your weight and your bike's weight, it'll give you an approximation of your power output during timed segments and over your full ride. It's quite neat.

When are you gonna start clipping in?

Which type would you use?

ive tried a few and the Zero ones seem good.

When are you gonna start clipping in?

Which type would you use?

ive tried a few and the Zero ones seem good.
I do sometimes. I actually have two types, Look Keo (3-bolt cleats) and Shimano SPD (the most common 2-bolt metal cleats). For longer rides I like the Look better, they have a larger contact area which makes your pedaling feel more efficient. The SPD are easier to clip in and out of and the shoes are somewhat less stupid to walk in. Both types make you walk like a penguin though.

But I kind of like being able to shift my feet on the pedals a bit depending on what I'm doing (cruising, climbing, sprinting, etc.) Most of my best times were done with my Converse on the flat side of my hybrid pedals. 🤷‍♂️

I got MTB shoes for the SPD pedals (from Decathlon) and Shimano SPD-SL shoes for the Look pedals (SPD-SL shoes can take Look cleats as well, it's the same bolt pattern)

Last edited:
Sounds like an expensive venture. So don't tell me, you need as much bicyclist equipment as hockey gear to be real. Hell Angels/Warlocks for bikers and maybe Yuppies or GenY Wheelers for bicyclists. Nice!

Decathlon gear is super cheap. I mistakenly bought incompatible shoes and pedals at first - the shoes were 50 bucks and the pedals were 30. These are the MTB shoes: https://www.decathlon.com/products/...product=mountain-bike-shoes-xc-100-ss19-black

Shimano stuff is spendier but really not that bad - pedals and shoes were just over 100 bucks each.

Big fan of Decathlon gear so far, I'll be getting my next helmet from them.

You really don't need to spend a lot to get a decent bike and gear. Blitty and I got perfectly decent bikes dor a few hundred dollorz.

Shimano XTR SPD’s, boys.

TRIED AND TRUE

Shimano XTR SPD’s, boys.

TRIED AND TRUE
Honestly no failed jokes to follow! How much cost on you minus the bike before you start you ride?

Tronner has expensive tastes

3b57bc8ed39cd5fb70a965f6113d2599 (1).gif

Matty is a man of the people

I get occasional funny looks from "proper" cyclists with their hi-viz spandex and $7000 bikes

kato has a swag about him. The glasses and those tats on his legs just hit different, right?
quite kind. thx brother.

Tronner has expensive tastes

View attachment 5257

Matty is a man of the people

I get occasional funny looks from "proper" cyclists with their hi-viz spandex and $7000 bikes
We don’t wear any foo foo tight gear, though.

We regularly have guys in tight foo foo gear riding a $7K bike pass us on the left like they’re Erik Zabel.

Tron,

I get the vibe you wear Rapha gear.

Tron, do you wear Rapha gear?

Found my longest recorded ride from 2017

we stopped and had lunch is why time is long.

6C986AD6-0F8A-4B11-86EC-77487272CD29.jpeg

Attachments

• 11102ACF-D948-4BAE-B2DF-0225C0A29DA3.jpeg
    11102ACF-D948-4BAE-B2DF-0225C0A29DA3.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 4F2E3C16-8571-4FAB-B3CA-A3ADA14B24C2.jpeg
    4F2E3C16-8571-4FAB-B3CA-A3ADA14B24C2.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 73
That's a good day on the bike 👌 Haven't done that since my teens.

I want to ride to the family cottage this weekend, it's a 54km/34mi ride. Hilly as fok too.

Honest to God I wear these shorts (I have two pair in grey, too) and $8 Old Navy short sleeve shirts.

B10C4500-8073-4554-B7B0-0C53E421F81A.jpeg

Those look good Tronner 👌

Just beat my PB by 20 seconds on a climb 💪

Cooler days seem better for beating PBs. Denser air maybe?