Betting Options On The Lost Finale

Polaroid

I need a tittle
Since
Jan 21, 2010
Score
Tokens
On Sunday at 7pm in your particular US time zone (as well as in Greece, Israel, Italy, Turkey, Spain and the United Kingdom who are showing it at 7pm PST in their respective timezones) there will be the season finale and absolute finale of Lost inspirationally titled The End - which will answer all the questions posed over the six years of it's airing. Or not. The sharp money is on most definitely not.

The viewing figures might have averaged just over 10 million per episode in Season 6, down from a high of a 18+ million average in the first two seasons, but the ads for the finale are fetching around $850,000 per thirty seconds. Although this is nowhere near the $2.6 million per 30 seconds for the 2010 Superbowl, it is still over four times the rate for a normal episode of the show. Lost has gradually seen it's average viewing figures fall from the heights of 18+ million to barely over 10 million this season but it is still expected to see a rebound for the last show and, bearing in mind the type of audience it attracts, the vast majority will be watching live rather than via DVR.

mamoaaacn.jpg

On the premise that if there's something to bet on then someone will offer it, bookmaker.com has stepped up to the plate and is listing a number of props on the Lost finale.

bookmaker.com
-115 - JULIET WILL BE REVEALED AS THE MOM OF JACK'S SON

+100 - ONE OF THE LAST FOUR WILL DIE IN THE FINALE

+300 - MICHAELS SON, WALT, WILL MAKE AN APPEARANCE

+400 - SMOKE MONSTER WILL GET OFF THE ISLAND

+400 - JACOB WILL BE REVEALED AS THE TRUE BAD GUY?

+500 - THE PARALLEL SURVIVORS WILL RETURN TO THE ISLAND

+600 - SMOKE MONSTER WILL USE DESMOND TO DESTROY THE ISLAND

+2500 - THE ENTIRE ISLAND WAS A DREAM

Although it might seem an exhaustive list on what will happen in the final episode, you should not base anything on the betting options in fact it would have been more interesting to have odds for those incidents not happening or, even better knowing how the latest season in particular has evolved, none of the above. But if you're a Lost fan who has been watching it for the full six seasons, I'd recommend taking a small wager on The Entire Island Was A Dream to mitigate your anger if that is actually the true ending.

Polaroid, this is your best thread yet. :up:

+300 - MICHAEL’S SON, WALT, WILL MAKE AN APPEARANCE :lock:

-115 - JULIET WILL BE REVEALED AS THE MOM OF JACK'S SON

Wow I hadn't even thought about that. That is interesting but a no play for me at those odds. In fact, I would not play any of the lines above.

Polaroid, this is your best thread yet. :up:

+300 - MICHAELS SON, WALT, WILL MAKE AN APPEARANCE :lock:

For this to win, I would think it would need to be a scene that takes place in the future as the actor, being a kid, looks much different now.

No price on SMOKE MONSTER DIES? I would put a unit on that at anything better than -200.

Otherwise, +600 - SMOKE MONSTER WILL USE DESMOND TO DESTROY THE ISLAND looks like decent value.

Has there been another TV series that set itself up for such a big letdown? People are expecting the finale to provide answers to a shitload of stuff and it's quite obvious that 2 hours won't be enough to get full closure. On top of that, Evangeline Lilly revealed in a TV interview that the finale would be very much in the spirit of the whole series... which isn't good news at all for you and I, the neurotic viewers.

The writers should leave the country and buy themselves new identities if they haven't done so already.

On it.

On it.

This prop doesn't even make sense. What if, as I suspect, the alternate timeline becomes "reality" and no one dies in the end? I would have to grade your bet as no action, or even a loss if I were a shitty book.

Don't do it.

matty calm down.

stop watching this show.

the only bet that has value here is the +2500 on the entire island being a dream.

yes, jj abrams and some others have specifically said that the entire island was not a dream. but this was early on in the show (seasons 1/2). at this point they are painted into a corner and there is no way they can end the show and tie up all loose ends in any fashion that will remotely make sense.

Nope, back in the colonies Fischay. Missing my morning croissant and the unbelievable eye candy around the central arrondissements. Oh God.

cool man. looked like a badass trip.

on a side note, i havent seen any of lost season 6.

i started off as a huge fan in the first three seasons. the show started to get progressively worse; an effect magnified by the writers strike in 2007. and it never really got back on track.season 5 was far too painful to watch. i will probably pick up season 6 on dvd or something when im bored.

what is the odds on sawyer anally rape kate.

This prop doesn't even make sense. What if, as I suspect, the alternate timeline becomes "reality" and no one dies in the end? I would have to grade your bet as no action, or even a loss if I were a shitty book.

Don't do it.

I insist.

Never watched one minute of this show. Polaroid go fuck yourself.

5EBABCF0DEE759BF19C6AA1C96D67D.jpg

Polaroid started other threads?