BCS Championship

Let's not kid ourselves here, Notre Dame, Stanford, Duke, Vanderbilt, even Harvard and Yale have their share of meatheads on those rosters as well. It may not be the same quantity but they are there all the same.

It doesn't matter what the standards are supposed to be, it those "higher education" schools can get their hands on a 5-Star athlete they are going to do what it takes to get him/her.

They can make excuses but the simple truth is that until they are winning on the same year in year out level as the Alabama's, LSU's and a few other schools out there those athletes are going to schools where they can have a greater expectation of (A) winning and (B) getting paid by getting into the NFL, although there might be other forms of getting paid, right Cam?

Obviously there are more athletes than the Bama's, LSU's, Florida's, Georgia's, USC's and a few other schools can possibly take onto their rosters via scholarships so in time the Notre Dame's and Michigan's and other schools will become more relevant again as you saw this year with the Irish.

But don't used that tired ass old excuse about academic standards standing in the way of winning Nation Titles, because it simply doesn't hold true.

You would be very wrong Wal. ND ran Holtz and others out because they will not accept them. ND nor Northwestern has a jock program and those kids must take the same classes as the other students. Alumni/Academics vs the Athletic Dept has been a constant battle for 50 years in South Bend.

Have you see Harvard and Yale try to play football Wally?

Yeah well I got carried away with my rant, should have stayed away from Harvard and Yale.

Have you seen them? I don't think the games are televised.

The Harvard-Yale game is televised, have seen it on Directv. It's different since the Ivy do not offer athletic scholarships.

26% of Alabama football players major in General Studies compared to 2% of regular students. :wtf:

yet Alabama also has had a Rhodes Scholar finalist under Saban as well. Barrett Jones (who won 3 BCS championships starting 3 different positions) just completed his master's with a 4.0 gpa. Auburn had a Rhodes Scholar finalist this past year on their team as well (results not withstanding). So not all are nothing more than dumb jocks. I don't know the stats right off but Bama's graduation rate among the football team has improved under Saban as well. He is one of the greatest coaches period. His salary which people laughed and gasped at when he was first hired at Bama was one of the best investments the school made. (Of course the money doesn't come from the general budget of the school either) Merchandise sales are way up. Enrollment is up. Donations to the school are up. Improvements to the school overall due to having a successful athletic department.

Life is good today is the state of Alabama. :yum:

They are too fucking big, I used to like the Tide years ago, but how can you root for these monsters?

not disagreeing with any of that...except that uga would have beaten tamu and thats just our opinions...my god, manziel and the boys could have put up 50 on that very so-so defense of uga...no really any indication uga could have hung with them, but again, thats just opinions....the game vs fla. was simply early in the season for the freshman and no real shame in losing to lsu...it was definitely a down game and they all had at least 1 (well except nd.)...

not really arguing who are good teams, they were all good...agree this game sucks and there could have been much better matchups and that playoff system will definitely be an upgrade to the shit they got working now.

would be pretty hard pressed to have anyone stay in this game tonight...mccarron is their weak offensive link and if he is on, they are so much better than everyone its pretty damn scary.

probably right but UGA would hang 60 on Tamu

what is this Im hearing of Te Mao ( or whatever) dropping from 2 nd pick to out of top 10 in draft now?
true or rumors?
cause he was absolutely a non factor against NFL caliber players.
exposed ???

what is this Im hearing of Te Mao ( or whatever) dropping from 2 nd pick to out of top 10 in draft now?
true or rumors?
cause he was absolutely a non factor against NFL caliber players.
exposed ???

He was horrible last night, seven missed tackles.. You need a team who runs a 4-3 also for him, teams are starting to go back to 3-4 D's. He may have been the biggest loser $$$-wise in terms of the draft.

probably right but UGA would hang 60 on Tamu

haha, seeing how one team scored over 30 on them the entire year, this would be extremely unlikely...but i like your confidence in your dawgs, senny :cheers:

nina, there will always be a few smart eggs on the teams... but dont be fooled...i had tutors spoon feeding me 20yrs ago and i was just playing golf... you have to be borderline retarded to fail out if you play football for a big program...they do everything in their power to help you pass (even if it involves giving you test answers beforehand :yes: )

ESPN reports:

"Manti Teo's 40 time at the combine will be critical for his draft status. His best bet for a fast time is to have an Alabama lineman shove him backwards 40 yards."

Alabama hasnt beaten anyone that bad since the civil rights movement

ESPN reports:

"Manti Teo's 40 time at the combine will be critical for his draft status. His best bet for a fast time is to have an Alabama lineman shove him backwards 40 yards."

Alabama hasnt beaten anyone that bad since the civil rights movement

:rofl::rofl: