BCS Championship

Obviously Texas A&M is better today than 3 months ago. They are like the Seahawks now. Too bad there are no playoffs in college football.

But if Texas A&M played Bama today they would have lost. 40 days to prepare for Manziel is too much.

yep, i agree... really cant wait till next season...a lot of talent in the sec going pro, but they wont miss a beat...will dominate the top 10 again

not disagreeing with any of that...except that uga would have beaten tamu and thats just our opinions...my god, manziel and the boys could have put up 50 on that very so-so defense of uga...no really any indication uga could have hung with them, but again, thats just opinions....the game vs fla. was simply early in the season for the freshman and no real shame in losing to lsu...it was definitely a down game and they all had at least 1 (well except nd.)...

not really arguing who are good teams, they were all good...agree this game sucks and there could have been much better matchups and that playoff system will definitely be an upgrade to the shit they got working now.

would be pretty hard pressed to have anyone stay in this game tonight...mccarron is their weak offensive link and if he is on, they are so much better than everyone its pretty damn scary.

They need the playoff system. Badly.

Ya reckon Nina orgasms everytime Alabama scores? YES
Ya reckon Mr.Nina goes without once a year when Bama' loses a game? No one likes to lose so well yeah

Wally....its like you have a cam in the house

a few late night ramblings as I try to settle down for some sleepy time

1. Musberger has good taste in womens and so does AJ McCarron. But then again, katherine webb has good taste in boyfriends. AJ is a cutie pie.

2. FINALLY!!! A coach gave an honest answer!!! Brian Kelly on what needed to happen for them to win the game in the second half? "Alabama not come out and maybe we would win then."

3. Des Howard for most obvious comment of the year. "This is an old fashion butt whoopin'"

4. A BIG shout out thank you to Oregon and K State for losing when we needed them to!!! You guys rock!!!

5. Another giggle comment "The only hit on McCarron came from his center"

6. Man eating chili cheese dip at 1030 pm is not a good thing for the woman in his bed.

Oregon is netter than ND.

In the SEC scheduling is everything. For example if Georgia played Texas A&M the week after they beat Alabama they would beat them. Same way Bama lost to A&M because they played LSU the week before.

But giving Bama 40 days to prepare for Notre Dame is not fair. You know Saban is going to watch every ND snap on film. ND could have easily had two losses vs Stanford and Pitt if the refs didn't push them.

Is Saban really a better coach than Kelly? Kelly has won titles with a start-up college. Saban didn't exactly dominate at Mich St. Bama had better players across the board. I suspect if Kelly was coaching Bama and Saban was coaching ND, it would have been 42-14 also.

definitely more talent at most every position...i think nick has a better understanding than most of how to get that talent to perform and carry out plays and gameplans...regardless of if he is the best in college or not, his kids have made him look like the best coach out there, thats for sure...cant really argue with the job kelly has done either :donthinkso:

I'm just really glad we as consumers got to see the best two teams play.
:fagotitty:

definitely more talent at most every position...i think nick has a better understanding than most of how to get that talent to perform and carry out plays and gameplans...regardless of if he is the best in college or not, his kids have made him look like the best coach out there, thats for sure...cant really argue with the job kelly has done either :donthinkso:

And he is getting kids that ND doesn't look at, and good for him. He does a very good job of keeping them out of trouble. Those two that were sent home, I think the message was sent.

My friend played for him at Mich St, has some great stories about him.

did you hit some props? pretty surprising not a 1 damn fg... :reallymad:

Is Saban really a better coach than Kelly? Kelly has won titles with a start-up college. Saban didn't exactly dominate at Mich St. Bama had better players across the board. I suspect if Kelly was coaching Bama and Saban was coaching ND, it would have been 42-14 also.
Saban is a better recruiter. Bama's running backs were bigger than Notre Dame's linebackers. Bama's cornerbacks were taller than Notre Dame's wide receivers. And the DL and OL was pushing Notre Dame players like rag dolls.

If you can recruit the best players in the country you don't need to be an excellent coach. The players will do the job.

Saban is a better recruiter. Bama's running backs were bigger than Notre Dame's linebackers. Bama's cornerbacks were taller than Notre Dame's wide receivers. And the DL and OL was pushing Notre Dame players like rag dolls.

If you can recruit the best players in the country you don't need to be an excellent coach. The players will do the job.

That's my point. ND is recruiting based on Vandy academic standards and Saban is recruiting players into jock programs. Not knocking Saban for it, it's by the rules.

That's my point. ND is recruiting based on Vandy academic standards and Saban is recruiting players into jock programs. Not knocking Saban for it, it's by the rules.

Yeah nobody goes to play in the SEC because of their academic standards. Some of the majors football players have will not get you a job anywhere once you finish playing football.

Let's not kid ourselves here, Notre Dame, Stanford, Duke, Vanderbilt, even Harvard and Yale have their share of meatheads on those rosters as well. It may not be the same quantity but they are there all the same.

It doesn't matter what the standards are supposed to be, it those "higher education" schools can get their hands on a 5-Star athlete they are going to do what it takes to get him/her.

They can make excuses but the simple truth is that until they are winning on the same year in year out level as the Alabama's, LSU's and a few other schools out there those athletes are going to schools where they can have a greater expectation of (A) winning and (B) getting paid by getting into the NFL, although there might be other forms of getting paid, right Cam?

Obviously there are more athletes than the Bama's, LSU's, Florida's, Georgia's, USC's and a few other schools can possibly take onto their rosters via scholarships so in time the Notre Dame's and Michigan's and other schools will become more relevant again as you saw this year with the Irish.

But don't used that tired ass old excuse about academic standards standing in the way of winning Nation Titles, because it simply doesn't hold true.

you tell 'em wal

Have you see Harvard and Yale try to play football Wally?