Attention Mr.X: Question about Burning Man

• Start date
  • Replies 79 Comments
  • Views 4,410 Views
Over 70,000 last year.

1. Who is bmorg?

2. Any ethnic people? All whities?

3. What's one of the crazier things you have seen there?

1. Burning Man Organization. http://burningman.org/

2. There are a significant number of people from just about any ethnicity, but still, out of 70,000 people, non-whites are definitely way underrepresented.

3. Er, so much. I'm most impressed by some of the deranged large-scale art installations. Having full sized Spanish Galleons cruise by you in the middle of the desert isn't something you soon forget. Some crazy Torontonions made Dance Dance Immolation, which is just like Dance Dance Revolution, except you wear one of those fireproof suits and if you screw up, flamethrowers engulf you in flames. That was pretty nice. Unlimited amounts of crazy people. That guy attempting bowl to last year while foaming at the mouth in a straight jacket and a leash, with a super sexy bondage mistress overseeing him was impressive. Oh, and he was a big black man, so score one for the non-whites.

40K Burning Man tickets and 12K vehicle passed sold in 1 hour. Impressive.

Hopefully we don't have any assholes at Gamelive who buy Burning Man tickets only to see them for 4x face value

Are there many alcohol related, or other emergency situations? I assume there are EMTs or the like scattered around?

Gay was the last thing that came to mind watching those vids.

Did you get turned on, Ray?

:chickendance:

well, it looks very outgoing, to say the least...gay was probably the wrong term... free loving would have been better... it wouldnt surprise me at all if esfandiari has slipped and fallen on a cock before though :hey: ... but i was looking at a lot of pics online... while it doesnt bother me, and i have a handful of gay friends that i regularly talk to, the flamboyance and maybe the "out in the open" gay stuff might be tough to bear... but damn everything else, well, minus the sand storms and maybe the lack of showers, looks like a fucking blast ... hope you and some buds set the week aside and get to go :cheers:

mr.x do you have local buddies you go with? or are you part of a group or two that just meets up and works on projects beforehand and stuff?

RR you can't catch the gays if you don't look. Just avoid eye contact. It's worked for me.

40K Burning Man tickets and 12K vehicle passed sold in 1 hour. Impressive.

Hopefully we don't have any assholes at Gamelive who buy Burning Man tickets only to see them for 4x face value

Boner said he was only able to get 7 this year.

didnt make it... was exhausted after work... i kind of regret not going for the last hour or so... probably something ill never have a chance to see again...

I think Blitty resold tickets a couple of years ago, or another festival.

Only for louis ck after I already saw him

Only for louis ck after I already saw him

Really, I thoight one day we were talking about a festival you bought tickets to ahead of time and resold them.

I'm almost positive.

In fact I renember you saying the year before you made a good profit but that year, they were harder to sell.

tomorrowland or some shit

wasn't BM

I said another festival. I didn't think it was Burning Man

IAG
Are there many alcohol related, or other emergency situations? I assume there are EMTs or the like scattered around?

There are all kinds of emergency situations. 70,000 people doing everything imaginable. People skydiving in. There's an airport. Most of the art is climbable and several stories high. Things happen. Quite a lot of things.

The fire and medical organization is very impressive, though. There's a highly organized volunteer system made up of burners who are also trained medical and fire professionals, backed up by the local agencies, when necessary.

mr.x do you have local buddies you go with? or are you part of a group or two that just meets up and works on projects beforehand and stuff?

I'm friends with a bunch of San Francisco burners who run a very well-done camp, complete with a wood-fired steam bath. It's pretty luxurious. I've roughed it, too. It's pretty great either way, but I doubt I'll go back to roughing it.

i can see how it would be hard to go back to roughing it...

Shower-smiley-RonaldWilsher.com_.gif

do the wicked dust storms come up almost every day? i saw they have some trucks that spray the ground... i also see that people follow behind the things and turn themselves into a muddy mess... :lol: