Ask djiddish98 a question

• Start date
  • Replies 66 Comments
  • Views 4,904 Views
djiddish do you like tattoos on girls?

djiddish do you think that you are a better, more well rounded person having had access to the internet all your life?

1) I'm not a huge fan of tattoos on girls - perhaps if its done tastefully and/or represents something very significant.
Back tattoos, giants arm sleeves, heart on the ankles......not so much.

2) This is a tough one - Having the internet all my life has contained me into a box - I really like the subset of internet, video games, tv, etc and am quite deficient in being handy or outdoorsy. I would say I'm less well-rounded.

Better though is a separate question - I "think" My life is definitely been better off with the interwebs than the counter-factual "no interwebs" that I'm imagining. I'll collect some thoughts and maybe post more on this.

I can't imagine what kind of heaven it would have been like growing up with the internet. Or, on the other hand, how dead I would be when I was 12 getting entangled with some sort of child predator while looking for attention.

I went to college for fine art/graphic design. They put in a computer lab my last semester of school. I had some money saved and bought a Power PC 6100 (first generation yo'.....that's right Daft, I'm old school Mac) and learned everything I could about Photoshop and Illustrator out of manuals.

7500.jpg

My god....we didn't even have youtube. It was like the stone age. Manuals? No online tutorials? It had a flopppy drive! A FLOPPY DRIVE!

So basically, just as I was graduating, most of the things I learned became obsolete. It was alright though, I'm adaptable and not tattooed.....yet.

My god....we didn't even have youtube. It was like the stone age. Manuals? No online tutorials? It had a flopppy drive! A FLOPPY DRIVE!
I hit the tail end of that 3.5 inch floppy era, probably during the educational software prime, in 2nd or 3rd grade. Word Munchers, MathBlaster, etc, etc.

Did you ever have to consult the back of the manual for the correct "install code" to authenticate that you bought the software? Better not lose that manual!

I remember floppy drives. yikes.

dj Dan Yiddish how did you get into sports gambling? Do you remember your first wager.

DJ Dan Y is one of the best additions to gamelive that we've had.

First PC was a 4.77mhz 8088 with a TURBO switch that boosted it all the way up to 8mhz. No hard drive so you had to boot Dos 3.10 off a floppy and then switch to whatever software you wanted to run. I played a lot of Test Drive on that.

We had a monochrome monitor though, none of that fancy 4-color CGA shit.

I think I spent most of my years up until college using the internet to download shiz - not necessarily time spent waiting for downloads, but time spent looking for things to download.

Some nostalgic memories by pilfered media type:

PC software games: AOL Mass Mails / Servers
Music: Has to be Napster
TV Shows: South Park Episodes in RealVideo - probably my first streamed video
Movie: CAM quality copy of the Blair Witch Project like a month before it hit theaters

I remember floppy drives. yikes.

dj Dan Yiddish how did you get into sports gambling? Do you remember your first wager.

I just started doing this (for fun) last fall - I figured that I spent so much time reading articles for fantasy football that there had to be some sort of practical use for this knowledge. I quickly learned that wasn't the case.

I was immediately drawn to teasers though - I think my first tease was with the colts and the patriots last year when they were like 13.5 point favorites. It actually worked out, but I don't tease anymore.

dj danny which one was your first computer?

3316478765_dd86f7fd59.jpg

I think.....................if I recall, it was an IBM from 1991.

Anyone rock the educational software? Word Munchers? Mathblaster? Am I too young?

Favorite sport to watch / follow is football although I've really enjoyed some of these wc games

edit: also love march madness