Anything that you eat today....journal it here!

• Start date
  • Replies 3,702 Comments
  • Views 150,265 Views
vancouver island crabs

LOOKS GREAT !!!

I need some crab for a crab and corn chowder. Don't wanna pick em by hand, don't want to pay the seafood shop for fresh picked, don't want to use the canned (real) stuff. In a real spot here.

Could you use lobster,Boner?There a lot less tedious to clean especially if you just buy the tails

You might have gotten a crab that was either in the molting phase or just finished.Personally prefer Dungeness over King Crab/Snow crab.Stone crabs are good too

I tried this in Seattle at a pretty high end seafood restaurant and I was underwhelmed
Don't usually order crab legs at restaurant cause too time consuming eating it ..... but do eat it I would say frequently from supermarket and we are fans more of regular ones than Dungenss too. Might be us? :dunno:

You might have gotten a crab that was either in the molting phase or just finished.Personally prefer Dungeness over King Crab/Snow crab.Stone crabs are good too
Looks like this explains it to me. HTH do you know if it's at that phrase?

The shell/legs should be rock hard.When I am crabbing if I can squeeze the legs and they have any give I throw them back in the ocean.In the molting phase the crabs are a lot less meatier

Kind Breakfast Bar
2 Aleve
Agua
Tazo Tea - Awake
Smartwater - Watermelon
1/2 cigar
1/8th cigarette
Abilify

Last edited:
1/2 cigar
12% drank
A little Natty light