Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,463 Comments
  • Views 121,444 Views
been drinking some templeton rye recently mostly because a brother-in-law has been ordering it by the case. free whiskey is almost always damn good whiskey. it's pretty good, less sweet than a lot of your bourbons. still prefer knob creek and wellers 107 over them all.

How do you like the Elijah Craig? It's fokken overwhelming IMO, need to cut it with water to open it up and kill the nasty burn.

not bad. it is pretty strong.

Eagle Rare is pretty fokken good. I'm unlikely to buy it again at $50 (JD Single Barrel is only $2 more and it's more interesting & flavorful), but it's certainly superior shit. It'll prolly sit right behind Wild Turkey 101 once I'm done "tasting", aka getting shitfaced on it. :up:

+1 on Maker's Mark, when I can afford it. (I rarely drink it out, unless I am in grown man mode.)

Yeah. Not sure how much difference there can be from one barrel to the next, looking forward to my next one. They use the same process as with #7, the barrels just sit at the top of the warehouse so they experience wider temp swings, making the wood expand and contract more. Shit is almost red when it goes in the bottle.

Gentleman Jack is #7 that's filtered twice through charcoal. It changes the taste quite a bit.

Just like anything, there are people who can discern the differences, if any, and there are those who can't. There are also fake-ass, pretentious motherfuckers who CLAIM to be connoisseurs or whatever who aren't discerning shit.

Had a lot of Jameson last night. Lacks the sweetness of bourbon, but it's good shit for sure. It may be the first scotch-type whiskey that I genuinely enjoy.

If I had to rank it in my list it would probably sit at #11, on top of Corner Creek and just below Knob Creek.

Boys we get emotional when drinking too much of that shit. We need to pace ourselves.

:moped:

Right now we're pre-drinking at home with some "Naked Grape Unoaked Shiraz", which is very surprising for a $10 wine bottle. Heading out shortly to cause some damage downtown. Salud boys. :cheers:

Finally got my Glencairn glasses in the mail today. Official glass of the whiskey addict. I dunno what it does but it looks fancy. :up:

Also gave Elijah Craig a second chance. Shit is fiery hot. The key to taming the strength is to let it cover and numb your tongue before you swallow. Then you have a good 2 minutes' worth of flavors exploding all over your insides. Good times.

:10:

301pqft.jpg

I don't know if you were kidding Matty about what the glass does but it if not, it allows the whiskey to open up better

I was sort of kidding. I know the narrower mouth "focuses" the aromas so you can smell it better and shit. Not so sure about "opening up" the whiskey.

It's a fine glass.

Jellooooooo! Lesdothisyousexyfok.

kkq.jpg

Saw this at the store, (eagle...) it wasn't particularly expensive. But I couldn't remember if it got a good review here. Ended up going with Buffalo Trace.

Funny you posted in here because I was thinking about this thread about 2 hours ago

currently drinking makers and ginger

Reno... Eagle Rare is one of my top two bourbons.

True story.

I've not had much Bourbon in my day....

might have to get some for tomorrow

Arch.... Eagle Rare or Bulleit is what you want. If they don't have either, Maker's will do.

But I have to emphasize this is NOT for mixing. Don't get me VERY angry here.

The only thing you should ever mix good bourbon with is ice.

yeah I get that

maybe tomorrow evening after I get my sunburn we'll come home crank up the AC

put on some MadMen and i'll sip some Bourbon LIKE A SIR!!!