Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,463 Comments
  • Views 119,198 Views
I got gifted a bottle of Dalmore 15 today.

Have been looking forward to cracking it.

But so strange, my first scotch after drinking strictly bourbon the past few years… not really a fan. I recall loving this one too. Taste buds prolly got used to the sweetness.

The box said notes of spicy nutmeg marmalade.

And that’s is 100% all I taste.

Same Blitty. I actually never cared for scotch.

You know what I’m definitely not? A Japanese whisky guy.

Tron, I’m surprised to hear you say that.
I had thought the majority of our whisky talk over the years centered around scotch. Guess I need to go back through these threads to recall wtf everyone was talking about..

Was surprised to hear Tron say that as well, but yeah thinking back he always posted about non-Scotch.

To me Scotch is a special occasion delicacy, I would never session/daily drink the stuff, but I very much enjoy the whole spectrum of it from pure sherry bombs all the way to iodine-laced peat monsters. :up

Tron, I’m surprised to hear you say that.
I had thought the majority of our whisky talk over the years centered around scotch. Guess I need to go back through these threads to recall wtf everyone was talking about..
I think WAY back (pre Matty getting me into bourbon), I used to “like” Balvenie.

But after I started sampling bourbons like Four Roses Small Batch and Hudson I realized how much I don’t care for scotch.

Garrison Brothers (and my 2 Pappy experiences) completely blow away any scotch I’ve tried.

The Bacon and Bourbon festival was LIT

bacon_and_bourbon_festival_1.jpg
bacon_and_bourbon_festival_2.jpg

I think this is a damn good bourbon. First time I bought a bottle but I’ve had a few pours before in Vegas. Having a Liga Privada H99 with it. Compliments it very well.

909CCB55-7E18-44FE-9452-95B0C1FC5EB3.jpeg
6C14003D-A95F-4B72-B3F0-BE9E73EE5FCF.jpeg

The bourbon club snobs in my area call that one gimmicky and mid. I’m sure that I would enjoy it.

Their bottles with the purple tops are hard to find but supposed to be top notch. Hoping to visit the Willet distillery soon.

I thought there was one with title "Who's Drinking?" I dunno.

First time getting this

Made in Brooklyn using mineral water. First impression: too “scotchy” for me. For $20 less I prefer Hudson bourbon (also made in the great State of New York). I like the finish but up front is scotch city.

Attachments

• BE6BC874-D268-4207-9D31-C609E7FEDFAE.jpeg
    BE6BC874-D268-4207-9D31-C609E7FEDFAE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
First time getting this

Made in Brooklyn using mineral water. First impression: too “scotchy” for me. For $20 less I prefer Hudson bourbon (also made in the great State of New York). I like the finish but up front is scotch city.
Final results are in: drinkable but it’s the worst “expensive” ($80) bottle of bourbon I’ve ever had.

Tried Hudson Manhattan Rye for the first time. I visited the Tuthilltown distillery in 2020. I loved the Hudson Baby Bourbon.

The Manhattan Rye is delicious!

Hudson Manhattan Rye