Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,463 Comments
  • Views 119,230 Views
Is Pepsi sweeter than coke? I feel coke is sweeter cause it seems less carbonated somehow :dunno:

Pepsi?

I've never mixed Pepsi with bourbon or whiskey. Always used Coke.

I'm drinking JD Single Barrel right now. Dunked in ice.

We don't put Coke in Single Barrel.

Is Pepsi sweeter than coke? I feel coke is sweeter cause it seems less carbonated somehow :dunno:

If I were to order it at a bar, I have it mixed with diet coke. Sometimes the fountain guns aren't cleaned as much as they should and regular coke tastes syrupy/sweet.

I picked up some Fighting Cock. Dude at the store cornered me for 9 minutes to tell me about all the other bourbons he recommends.

This is just the local liquor store.. Not even the 'big' one.

HKtHjhv.jpg

JZdEvwk.jpg

Just went there with Blisster - that place is nuts as far as American whiskey goes. Bought a 10yo Bulleit and a special bottle commissioned by them and produced by Wild Turkey's Master Distiller.

cMYzcL9.jpg

2YU60JR.jpg

:clapper:

#mattyindacity

Met boner yesterday. Guy is a lot more normal in real life, i.e. the exact opposite of a lot of you guise.

:mrquincy:

I have a feeling Matty isn't going back home. He can be an illegal alien here.

We even got the locals to switch to the right game.

pDAKcEe.jpg

Matty's Ranking of American Whiskeys

Crack-like
1. Maker's 46
2. Fighting Cock
3. Maker's Mark
4. Jack Daniel's Single Barrel
5. Buffalo Trace
6. Eagle Rare Single Barrel
7. Knob Creek Rye
8. Four Roses Single Barrel
9. Elijah Craig 12 Years

Excellent
10. Booker's
11. Wild Turkey 101
12. Woodford Reserve Something or Other
13. Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve
14. Bulleit 10
15. Knob Creek
16. Bulleit
17. Old Charter 10
18. Four Roses (yellow label, 80 proof)
19. Four Roses Small Batch
20. Old Fitzgerald's 1849
21. 1792 Ridgemont Reserve

Good
22. George Dickel Rye
23. Corner Creek
24. Jim Beam Black
25. Wild Turkey 81
26. Jack Daniel's Old No. 7
27. Gentleman Jack
28. Jefferson's
29. Jim Beam White

Bad
30. Wild Turkey 80

New addition at #14, Bulleit 10 Years Old. This is the exact same recipe as regular Bulleit, which is somewhat heavy on rye (but not nearly as much as Fighting Cock, one of our current favorites.) You get a lot more wood and more pronounced rye bitterness out of this 10yo.

Very good sipper, although I'm not sure it's worth the premium over regular Bulleit. 60 American dollorz is a little steep.

Good shiz though. 8 Trons out of 10.

:boxcleanersdaddy::boxcleanersdaddy::boxcleanersdaddy::boxcleanersdaddy::boxcleanersdaddy::boxcleanersdaddy::boxcleanersdaddy::boxcleanersdaddy:

We even got the locals to switch to the right game.

pDAKcEe.jpg

BTW, paging bacon - do you see MON up there, you prick? No you don't.

There is no such thing as a MON, mon.

Matty, did you see the 60 Minutes piece on Islay Island and the scotch industry? Great stuff. It aired last night so I imagine it can be found on the internetz

BTW, of the 3 Four Roses I have tasted, Small Batch is by far my favorite. I see you have it ranked as the 3rd best Four Roses.

Yeh, I don't think it's worth the premium over regular Four Roses. Still good though. The Single Barrel is excellent.