Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,463 Comments
  • Views 119,304 Views
Pre-drinking at home with some Buffalo Trace tonight. Hoping to piss off a handful of uppity assholes tonight. Wish me luck.

:moped:

BTW I bought a 2nd bottle of the Dalmore 18 at duty free in Frankfurt and it's really disappointing compared to the previous one. It's a lot less sherried and it reminds me of the younger Dalmore expressions.

It's probably just bottle variance, but if an eventual 3rd bottle also disappoints, Ima have to bump it down from its #1 spot.

My current bottle of Laga is also surprisingly light on peat.

Bottle variance is a bitch.

Almost vomited when I had some JWalker Black last night at a party.
Disgusting. Fortunately had emergency flask of Makers in back pocket.

Dawft, you fokken sexay lad! Happy new year brother!

Am actually curious to try the new, reformulated JW Gold and Platinum. I don't hate Black label either.

But yeah. Maker's is still pure wheaty brilliance. Indeed.

I found out last night that all bourbons taste the same after the 7th one you drank that night.

Got an email from Makers saying due to supply/demand they're reducing alcohol by volume to 42% (from 45%).

Then I saw an article about it on front page of CNN Money.

The bottle I have at home is 45%. End of an era, boys.

Interestingly enough, MM is not reducing the price of their bourbon.

:)

No biggie I suppose. I'll still be loyal.

:what?:

I'll stick with the buffalo related stuff. Buffalo Trace and Bison whatever from Canada.

Maker's is suddenly selling for 7 bucks more here. It's now priced close to the fancier bottlings (e.g. Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve)

I don't really mind the decrease in alcohol but the price hike is bullshit. Johnnie Walker Black saw a 10 dollor increase too. Fokken Diageo foks.

Best value right now for Ontarians is Jim Beam Black.

Best value right now for Ontarians is Jim Beam Black.

I take that back. Anything by Four Roses is better value - the basic yellow label is excellent and it's only $26.

Good thing is that JD Single Barrel remains the same, price and ABV-wise. It's been selling for $53 for as long as I've been buying it. Gonna be a sad day when they fok with it.

$2 discount on Maker's at the LCBO right now. Ima buy 4 bottles of the 45% before it goes away.

I'm a drunk.

Jim Bean Black continues to be the best buy in my area.

$18 for 750 ML.

MM is holding steady at $28

JD Single is always $40

I usually go MM.

Not a bourbon but good stuff if you like rum:

photo_12year.png

It's $43 here now. :facepalm: Makes no sense when Buffalo Trace is under $40.