Any thoughts on Valentine's Day?

• Start date
  • Replies 23 Comments
  • Views 2,010 Views
I got flowers, candy and won money on NASCAR. I think that qualifies as a good day.

As a born cynic, I have traditionally found it a bit sickening. Some years, depressing.

I have rolled my eyes at people who propose or get married on Valentine's Day (except that my sister got married 1 year ago today so I guess I have to give it a pass).

I am always on the lookout for the perfect joke involving the fact that Valentine's Day abbreviates as VD.

But I am involved in a fledgling romance right now so my true hypocrisy is shining through and I am diving into the occasion. I have two types of chocolate to deliver to my Valentine shortly and a card which says

I'M NOT INTERESTED IN A NICE, NORMAL RELATIONSHIP.
I LIKE OURS BETTER!

Is that adorable or what?

I'm curious how the GameLive hordes feel about VD.

I like vegas dave but he's in vegas..... actually I personally hate hallmark card day

I went out with a woman, shot some pool got drunk and gave her a dead rose..... it was beautiful.

Perfect VD day for me.

And nothing says I love you like taking her to dinner at hooters on VD.

I got Robyn a huge hangover and a bag of pretzels.

I got off pretty cheap this year. took the old lady out and threw a lobster tail and Filet down her throat, and mine for that matter. Since we never left mennoniteville the entire time, I got away for $90 and that includes a $20 tip, and several drinks. Very cheap this year. I already told her that she wasn't getting jewerly, and actually that has only happened once in or history. Today of course, I have a hellofa hangover, form the total alcohol binge we went on after dinner.