• Replies 39 Comments
  • Views 3,720 Views

UntilTheNDofTimE

At the tables
Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
Been working a new job for 5 weeks. Wake up at 6am M-F and am just absolutely exhausted tired all day. Ive never been a coffee drinker in my life, tried that didnt work. Ive never really been a morning person though. Two off my previous 2 jobs were swing shift and one was a mid shift. I thought it would take a week or so to adjust but not happening. Should we try cocaine in the am or just skip straight to alcohol?

I get up at 5am for work M-F

4am on Saturdays

Start drinking heavily

Fok no.

Alcohol foks up your sleep patterns (I have hard evidence.) Use Benadryl when you have to.

Coke in the morning is also a bad idea. If you do it have a solid meal beforehand.

Fok no.

Alcohol foks up your sleep patterns (I have hard evidence.) Use Benadryl when you have to.

Coke in the morning is also a bad idea. If you do it have a solid meal beforehand.

umm, so ive heard :wah:

try that 5hr energy stuff... or some hydroxycut drink... i dont do coffee but drink one of them every morning to wake up...works for me

but really, its pretty simple...go to bed earlier pal :yes:

yeah what RayRay said

5hr stuff is milder than hydroxycut

I get up at 6. Simple answer is start going to bed earlier. I turn in around 10-1030. Also, get everything ready before bed. Cloths, untie shoes, make coffee ready to brew, shower, etc. every second counts that early.

I am definitely not a morning person but I have spent 20+ years working regular dayshift jobs. It is do-able.

In most recent experience, I was going to bed to allow for 7 hours sleep. (Sacktime 11:30 - 6:30).

Never enthusiastic to get up but I could function adequately.

I would have a coffee before work and another at break time (although that habit could also be broken and, after a very short period of adjustment, I would function just the same without it.)

I think coffee helps

I know people that drink Mountain Dew

Ick :nun:

Fok no.

UntilTheNDofTimE - Isn't he a Pepsi guy?

I get up for work at 3:30 am, not recommended.

The only time I see the sunrise is when I've been up too long.

go to sleep early

get up do exercise

be a good citizen

6 am is when I wake up. It's not early. You will get used it. Just go to bed before midnight.

Starting next week I will be on the ice at 530am for practice four days a week. So this week i have been practicing getting up at 445am. It sucks balls. But stretching, a shower, and some v8 juice has been making it easier.

I wake up at 5 am to get a workout in. I start the coffeemaker before I jump in the shower so I can have one right after. I have at least one more cup of coffee while I'm at work.