Any bourbon drinkers?

MrMonkey

Don't drink it, but trying out a new Chinese takeout place tomorrow and giving the Bourbon Chicken combo platter a shot! Old couple Chinese places never had it on menu!

reno cool

leave well enough alone
Nothing spectacular imo. Pretty rough for 114proof. Feels a little cheap flavor wise at $30. I might be spoiled by Stagg jr. I don't think I'll get it again. Too many other good things to try.

Matty

Toe Toucher
old grandad 114, drinking this. Are you still drinking Matty, or too busy touching your toes?
:mrquincy:

I still have my daily ginger-bourbon with dinner. Currently using Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond to mix. Unspectacular but the higher ABV cuts through the ginger ale. Excellent mixer. :up:

Still have 1/3 of that Fighting Cock pictured above.

reno cool

leave well enough alone
Did some of this thread disappear? Anyway, Single Barrel, Barrel Proof JD, drinking now. Also got a bottle of Joseph Magnes which I'm afraid I wont even like. Basically, unintentionally just spent way too much on whiskey

max headroom

RIP Mac
Very respectable.

Been on Yuengling Lager kick lately. They're alright.

One Yards Brawler ale dusts off a hangover pretty nicely.

Tron

Yellow-label Four Roses tonight

Affordable way to enhance the NHL playoff experience

:cheers:

Funny because I bought yellow label FR yesterday as well. $19.99 USD at Total Wine.

I bought that and an Elijah Craig ($25.99).

:hattip:

reno cool

leave well enough alone
gotta say Matty, the Fighting Cock is an excellent bourbon. I don't know how they can afford to give it away for $18. Easily take it over Makers and other things twice the price.

Matty

Toe Toucher
Oh man, I haven't had it in a long while, it's not being imported up here right now. 😣 Was the best value by far - "boutique" bourbon at rail whiskey price.

Tron

Not a bourbon guy but I'm a huge fan of good scotch.

Does it get any better than a good scotch and a good cigar?

I haven’t had scotch since Gamelive turned me on to bourbon.

Gamelive.com: changing lives

Boner_18

A bottle I assume, not just a dram?

About 2-3 years ago I paid $50 for a glass (neat), recent vintage while in was at the Washington Duke Inn in Durham, NC. Was good but not worth $50.

I believe if you're willing to travel to KY you can time the release and get a bottle fairly easily.

Cougar Bait

I Come Correct
A bottle yes. I got a 10 year last year was $110. I'd really love to score the 13 year Rye but it's hard to come by. 15 year is the sweet spot for the money. 20 year is great too, but then you're getting into really expensive territory unless you get super lucky. I prefer the wheated bourbons, so for me it's worth the price if I can get one retail. I'm not spending $1K and up though, some people are crazy.