• Start date
  • Replies 29 Comments
  • Views 1,396 Views

wal66

Since
Feb 1, 2010
Score
Tokens
Friends, yes I call you friends cause that's what we are. I know how much our banter sometimes would lead some who didn't know better to think we don't all get along or have nothing but the best wishes for one another. We however know without a shadow of a doubt that we want nothing more than to see the hopes and dreams of each of one of our group do nothing more than succeed in whatever it is we do.

With this in mind I would like to offer you a golden opportunity to be a part of insuring that my small little dream develops into a glorious reality.

Take a look at this http://www.newberryrcpark.com/. Now what you don't see isn't really important. The fact that it lacks content or the availability at this time to offer various forum specific to the different genres of the hobby is unimportant. In due time all that will be made available. What you SHOULD be focusing on though is that special button that says DONATE.

That's right my good friends. You don't have to be here in person to donate a dollar or two to a jar, you don't have to worry yourself with getting the proper mailing address or be bothered with postage just to contribute to the ongoing efforts to raise the necessary funding needed. You don't even have to turn away from your computer. You can now simply click on that button and donate as little or as much as your heart desires via PayPal.

Give friends, give the gift that will bring so much joy to so many. Be a part of something bigger than any of us.

Before anyone blows a gasket and gets all bent out of shape I did this post for a reason. If you have LIKED Newberry RC Park or Friends of Newberry RC Park on FaceBook it will all become very clear.

That said though you can always still click on that DONATE button.

Done. :fox: Good luck in your fundraising efforts!

Wally, you should crowd fund this project through sites like pozible.com

Check out our frozen custard campaign...GL

Who is Polevault Productions and why he gets the credit to your project, wally?

googleing Polevault Productions turns up two youtube videos entitled "Diary of a Koon [parts I and II]"

GL with this Wally and if I win the Fantasy league I will send something your way! Coming from a redneck damn good looking site!

Polevault Productions, LLC is a Florida limited liability company based in Newberry. They registered with the Florida Department of State's Division of Corporations on Jun 6, 2011.

googleing Polevault Productions turns up two youtube videos entitled "Diary of a Koon [parts I and II]"

Sounds incestual, backwoods, and racist...

What's the Paypal address again?

Polevault Productions I'm assuming is Miguel's. He is one of the board members who created the site. Multi talented dude, Puerto Rican, ex-military, weapons dealer, musician, singer song writer, coffee entrepreneur all around nice guy. I have no idea though how anything he's involved in connects to pole vaulting. He's legal so it's not a border crossing reference.

Good luck and all Wally, but there's better chance I'll be sending Acid Joe eggs and cream and whatever the fuck else he needs overthere :grin:

Reno, I both understand and respect your decision. I just hope that someday (hopefully many many MANY years down the road) when your time on earth has come to an end you'll not look back with great regret that you didn't take full advantage of doing what little you could to help insure the dream of another would be fulfilled.

May peace always be with you Reno, (ya cheap commi bastard!) my friend.

All kidding aside I just got a call from the Parks and Rec Director a couple hours ago. He was sorry to inform me that the grant we were applying for wasn't submitted on time. Not that the state denied our application, wasn't submitted on time.

I was prepared and pretty much expecting to not get the grant for the usual reasons like, the funding had ran out or our needs weren't as prudent as others. That happens all the time and you can't do anything about it. I wasn't expecting people whose job it is to complete and file these grants to not do their fok'n job.

I can't chew anyones ass out because they neither work in my department nor am I a supervisor anyways. I can't bitch and complain to the city manager because he personally hired these people and if they look bad he looks bad.

So basically because someone who gets paid to do what they didn't do it will now have to come out of my pocket. Well mine and whatever fund raisers we can manage but it's gonna take a lot of car washes and bake sales to generate 15k-20k.

Sponsor a zone Archie.

IAG
Sponsor a zone Archie.

Is that code for something? What's it even mean? Archie who?

Kindly see your way to the NewberryRcPark.com page and donate $5 for making me have to scratch my scalp trying to figure out what it is you are saying.

Is that code for something? What's it even mean? Archie who?

Kindly see your way to the NewberryRcPark.com page and donate $5 for making me have to scratch my scalp trying to figure out what it is you are saying.

I donated $25 last night. I figured I'm covered for this head scratcher and have 4 in the bank.

If there is another Archie here my bad, I thought there was only one. When he was soliciting for his inner city tennis deal earlier this year, after a few donations he said he would start a "zone" at SP when baseball started. Said zone never took place. Bascially I was suggesting he get the ball running to help you make some money for this thing.

I have to think about how to better explain a zone, maybe Ray can help, but essentially it is sponsored by a poster...5 or so people sign up and take turns putting in plays in a martingale type way until a predetermined sum is won or they go bust. Sometimes done for profit of the team, sometimes for charity of some sort.