Ahhhhhhhhhhh Snap!

• Start date
  • Replies 29 Comments
  • Views 1,407 Views
I was informed earlier that we received a total of $75 yesterday in donations. I told the web designer to create something that notifies me personally when we receive a donation so that I can write each and everyone of them a personal Thank You email.

It's not much but I hate form letters or generic impersonal Thank You's so I want everyone to know that it truly means something special to myself and our community.

Anyways he said he would get on that and figure out a way so you will have an email coming IAG.

IAG, what does that even stand for? Kindly see your way back to NewberryRCPark and donate an additional $5 for making me try and figure out what your handle signifies.

I was informed earlier that we received a total of $75 yesterday in donations. I told the web designer to create something that notifies me personally when we receive a donation so that I can write each and everyone of them a personal Thank You email.

It's not much but I hate form letters or generic impersonal Thank You's so I want everyone to know that it truly means something special to myself and our community.

Anyways he said he would get on that and figure out a way so you will have an email coming IAG.

IAG, what does that even stand for? Kindly see your way back to NewberryRCPark and donate an additional $5 for making me try and figure out what your handle signifies.
In action girl......3 in the bank.

IAG
In action girl......3 in the bank.

Actually I'm keeping my 4 in the bank as, if you had been paying attention to the forum for the past several weeks, you would have known that. In fact, I'm docking you for what I consider a personal affront. Please refund $5 to [email protected]

In seriousness, I have been known at rx and other forums as In action girl over the years, but figured in my somewhat advanced years, IAG would be more appropriate. Plus at some places like Peeps, I prefer it in order to be taken somewhat seriously in the few moments in which I desire to be taken somewhat seriously by a bunch of men.

I actually remember seeing you called In Action Girl. Sometimes I'm funnier in my head than I am in print, sometimes not.

I just checked and the designer hasn't connected me yet so I would like to personally thank you here.

Your generous donation will help in our efforts to bring to our area one of the premiere rc parks in the entire state. We have much yet to do but with the assistance from people willing to help like yourself every bit will get us closer to reaching our goal. The fact that you neither live here or even know me makes it all the more special because it announces that you are just a good person who is willing to help when and where they can.

Thank you IAG (I would imaging your email would include a name and I would have used that in place of IAG)

Wally

I actually remember seeing you called In Action Girl. Sometimes I'm funnier in my head than I am in print, sometimes not.

I just checked and the designer hasn't connected me yet so I would like to personally thank you here.

Your generous donation will help in our efforts to bring to our area one of the premiere rc parks in the entire state. We have much yet to do but with the assistance from people willing to help like yourself every bit will get us closer to reaching our goal. The fact that you neither live here or even know me makes it all the more special because it announces that you are just a good person who is willing to help when and where they can.

Thank you IAG (I would imaging your email would include a name and I would have used that in place of IAG)

Wally
It would have, but IAG is fine, and you are very welcome. I did an Alzheimer's walk two years ago and I know how difficult fund raising can be. I wish you the best in your endeavors!

If you decide to take on more proactive fundraising, I have some good ideas that we used which were not all that time consuming. Let me know if you need some ideas.

p.s. I would still hammer Archie about starting that zone he promised. I am authorizing the zone to be for the benefit of your cause as SP is now defunct.

I am open to any ideas. I mean I can run car washes and raffles, I could play cards or wager but the risk of loss is too great. I suck at asking people for donations, I either deliberately cheese it up or just come off completely awkward.

So yes any suggestions would be appreciated. I have roughly 450 people reading the FaceBook page and your donation is 25 times larger than their entire effort.

I understand. I don't like it either. I did the same thing...jokingly tried to guilt them into giving. What type of work environment are you in? Would you be able to do things there or do they frown on things like that?

A few I can think of off the top of my head that were in office.

We would go to Costco and buy big quantities of candy bars and chips etc...we sold them for $1 I think which was maybe .15 more than the vending machine and I forget the profit margin but we made a lot of money that way. I think we made the most on chips which were the same price as vending machine...but we made %50 profit I think. We also got tootsie pops in a big container and set it up front and sold them 3 for 25 cents or something. People were glad to spend the little extra to help us and, they didn't feel bad about walking away with 5 snickers bar because "it was for charity." Success of this obviously tied to size of office but we put them in different places around the offices plus we were active "pushers." lol This was probably the easiest money maker. Not much effort other than the trips to Costco.

I got local businesses to donate prizes....I negotiated with the tanning salon...told them if I signed a year contract they would have to give $100 gift card for alzheimers (I said kind of joking but they did it) , local pizza places for a gift cer for a pizza etc...raffle obviously.
A little more time consuming but we usually just asked at the places we went to for lunch etc so it wasn't actually any extra time.

We did office 10 liners but didn't give back %100...I'll have to think how we worked that...and probably would not fly in some offices since it is gambling. . If you don't know what those are, I can explain.

I would probably have to read more about the project to give more specific ideas. . I read about it once weeks ago but have to admit I don't remember that much about it.

I remember googling "fundraiser ideas" etc back then too and there were a ton of cool ideas if you had the time and manpower.

As I continue my mission of getting you, my e-family to enter into the wonderful world that is RC's I would be totally irresponsible if I didn't warn you of certain pitfalls.

Case in point. I have a cell going dead in my Tahoe battery and every couple days require a jump. I could also use a new set of tires soon. This morning however I spent $400 on wheels and batteries for my race RC's for the Points Series Race tomorrow.

The above example is a warning sign that you will know be able to reference when you find yourself getting too involved.

So more or less we will be contributing to your future Tahoe repairs! Wally, thanks for being honest! Wally, might not be in St Pete's long on Sunday cause checking out at 11 AM and don't know how long Peanut will hold up! Hoping to at least be there till end of Bucs-Eagles contest! There always next year and beyond for us! Lu ya but OMO but I think you might be in too deep with this RC stuff!

Mr.M the donation go directly into the NRCP account. An account that I intentionally have no access too. Not because I am dishonest but because people assume everyone is dishonest when it comes to money. I know you were just joking but I wouldn't trust it either regardless of it being online or not.

RJ, I have an addictive, compulsive nature. Anything I get involved in I get completely emerged in. Luckily for you guys I'm not into exposing myself online.

Mr.M, it just sucks. I look forward to meeting everyone at least once (some more than others some again even) and you sir are definitely one I want to meet. Now the Sigmund Freud's out there will look at what I just said and see that I both made you a priority and labeled you as one with others at the same time. They wouldn't be entirely wrong. It's good public relations.