Aging

• Start date
  • Replies 342 Comments
  • Views 34,770 Views
Mainly my right shoulder. I have issues in both hands, basically all around the base of the thumbs - that was getting problematic. But since I got turned on to Voltaren and started smearing that on them every morning, they're mostly good.

But the Voltaren does not do much for the shoulder.

:oldballs:

Here's what I learned this week. Sorry, this may be a big downer.

I talk about my brother in the present tense. I had occasion to recall an event to some of the guys at work - the Massacre at the Avion, let's call it - and I kept talking about stuff he did and I would say stuff like, ". . . because that's just what he's like."

"He's a Ticats fan."

"Dude likes to have a drink."

and so on

It's not that I have forgotten he's gone but I guess using past tense takes some getting used to.

Muddy did you know teenagers are coloring their hair grey now a days, like old people grey

No surprise. Seems like everything that can be done will be done at some point.

I recall there were some popular singers doing that a couple years back. Lady Gaga? Rihanna? I think?

Teens should go with the grey hair combined with the pants half down and the back of their ass hanging out. That would be a look.

My ex just retired. Friday was her last day working. I am experiencing a bunch of the negatives about aging lately - particularly the parents - but the ex is very happy.

So there's something that's not total shit.

No, no - Maureen. We lived together in the 90's.

Jenny and I are still together. She hasn't worked for years due to long-term disability so I guess she's kinda retired too.

Different vibe though.

You know what I hate though - I think everyone does: when you bite the inside of your mouth - and then you end up with a little raised bit in there - so you keep biting it.

And then you eat extra careful - which is not nearly as enjoyable - but at some point you forget and you bite the thing and FUCK!!!!!

It can go on for days.

I get that more as I get older. I guess it's because things are getting looser. The skin on the outside obviously gets looser - it's just part of the deal - and maybe the same is happening inside.

I've got that right now. I just bit it again.

So fuck you.

It's a terrible cycle. I'm not even sure how we ever recover from it.

Good point. It's a bit of a mystery.

I wonder about the thing about our innards though. Do they experience the same aging effects? Like is my pancreas getting loose and wrinkly?

I bet it is.

Have you been keeping it out of the sun? It might be okay.

I have never seen my pancreas. I am led to believe I have one but who knows for sure?

Maybe the whole thing is fake news.

Muddy, see if you can get some Pennsaid for your knee and then use it on your shoulder. Voltaren is 1% diclofenac gel. Pennsaid is 2% and is to be used twice a day instead of 4 times. I know in the US if it only FDA approved for knees but I used it on some trochanteric (hip) bursitis and it worked wonders!!

Here's what I notice - and I think it's about aging: I find women more and more beautiful. Whether I am just looking at media or I'm at work or out-and-about: I'm gaga about women. A lot of women. Not just young hotties; there are women I wouldn't have noticed 30 years ago where I now see great beauty. And they're just walking around all over the place.

I've always had an appreciation of female beauty but at this point it's just stupid.

he's a dirty old man, and a dirty old man, he's a dirty old man and a friend of mine