• Replies 342 Comments
  • Views 34,770 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
For me, it is a thread about darkness and deterioration and the extreme suckiness of the universe.

But it may mean different things to different people.

Aging. Not for the faint of heart.

Last edited:
Decrepitude is a word I heard recently. It struck a chord.

Come to think about it, it wasn't about humans either. It was in the movie Blade Runner and it was talking about the built-in 4 year lifespan of the robots/androids.

Replicants. Let's use the proper word. They were called replicants and they were designed to go for crap.

As is everything else.

Decrepitude.

Aging. Not for the faint of heart.
You got that right. The thought of someone having to wipe my ass and feed me a "soft" diet, is enough to make me want to put a bullet thru my head.

I luv watching Blade Runner whenever it pops up surfing the TV!

blade_runner-final.jpg

I am in the process of doing my advanced directive/will. I can't even decide if I want to be buried or cremated. I know being cremated and having your ashes scattered is the "in" thing to do...but the more I think about it...no....I don't think I want that.

I also can't say I don't want extraordinary measures or a DNR. I hate decisions and these are some of the biggest decisions one can make....which means I'll probably never get it done and those left off to decide will be really pissed off.

I want to be cremated. I don't care what they do with my bodies ashes.
I am an OD.
I do want to be resuscitated until I'm old and decrepit.
Really, it's kind of up to my kids/spouse/family at that point, and once I am dead, it doesn't really matter what they do with my body.
I don't want people to wear black to my funeral though, I know that much. I know death and mourning is a sad time, but I don't want the ceremony to be overly sad/depressing for the attendees.

Cremation for me, don't want a funeral or to be embalmed. Take my body to the crematorium as soon as possible after death.

This is the way most in my family do it.

maybe a mausoleum....

I want to be sacrificed by Cami and the whippedass girls :whippedass:

IAG
You got that right. The thought of someone having to wipe my ass and feed me a "soft" diet, is enough to make me want to put a bullet thru my head.

Oh :common: that's gotta be more fun than you think.

I'm sure this has come up in discussion before, but I believe my wishes for my corpse are illegal. I would like to be buried in the ground without a casket or any kind of separation between me and the dirt. I want to be easy-as-possible food for anything that wants it.

As I say, somewhere along the line I got the impression that was illegal in this part of the world.

I'm sure this has come up in discussion before, but I believe my wishes for my corpse are illegal. I would like to be buried in the ground without a casket or any kind of separation between me and the dirt. I want to be easy-as-possible food for anything that wants it.

As I say, somewhere along the line I got the impression that was illegal in this part of the world.
A quick google search indicates that it is...but then I found this.http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/08/Northpinellas/The_ultimate_green_bu.shtml

also...wicker caskets..who knew?

http://www.naturalburialcompany.com/

He's already in the Aging thread.

RIP FairWarnings mind.

There was an arc in the show Six Feet Under where Nate buries his murdered wife straight in the earth because that's what she wanted - and against the wishes of her parents -who wanted her cremated - and he presented them with some bogus ashes.

But his deception got discovered because they were some very old ashes that had been abandoned at the funeral home decades prior, but it turned out that 40 years ago cremation technology was inferior, so there were actual chunks of bone and stuff in there that would apparently never happen with today's more thorough cremating. So one thing led to another ---> the deception got discovered.

One of my facebook friends posted this awhile back:

When I was younger, I was fearful of getting older. I have to say that I was silly to waste any precious moments worrying. I have never felt healthier, happier or more peaceful than I do now. Life is good.