4/23 5:40am Rd 5 Aussie Rules Action. Its the Crows V Bulldogs

• Start date
  • Replies 36 Comments
  • Views 7,730 Views
Before we get into things today guys i just wanted to give a big shout out to all 4 making me feel at home here :yes: Enough with the violins, lets get down to business :highfive:

Tonight's write-up brought to you by: "Gambling, because in most betting shops you will see three windows marked 'Bet Here,' but only one window with the legend 'Pay Out..."

The beginning of round five sees both teams coming off dissappointing losses, with the bulldogs being clawed down by the lions away by 22 points and the crows were made to feel blue at home by carlton to the tune of 48 points. Despite the hype pre-season neither side is playing to expectation thus far. For the crows however, the situation is far more critical. Neil Craig's men haven't looked anywhere near the top-four side that many predicted this year and, while they haven't been hitting the scoreboard, the problem looks to be through the middle where they've looked slow and haven't generated nearly enough forward entries. The Bulldogs are a side well-equipped to expose that weakness with their slick ball movement on the fast track at Etihad likely to cause the crows all kinds of issues if they can't shake out of their current form slump.

Bulldogs skipper Brad Johnson has spent longer than expected on the sidelines after a virus/golf cart fender bender so he should be cherry ripe to give the dogs extra run through the forwardline and midfield. It will be interesting to see how the wily forward works around new focal point, Barry Hall. Does he still have the legs to play further up the ground?

Tyson Edwards is one of the Crows' over-30s who have received plenty of unfavourable press following his team's 0-4 start to the season. The veteran had 41 possessions in his 300th game midway through last year, but hasn't been anywhere near that sort of form this season.

Will the true Bulldogs stand up? Widely thought of as grand final material pre-season, the Dogs have failed to live up to that billing so far. Do Adelaide's veterans still have what it takes? Neil Craig will be hoping so or he might have to make some tough decisions before the season is over.

I coclusion the Bulldogs are hurting after a performance that was well-below expectations and that doesn't bode well for the out-of-form Crows. Rodney Eade has threatened to swing the axe and whatever side he puts out on Friday night will be looking to inflict some pain. The Bullies are excellent at disposing of not-so-good teams and disappointing Adelaide falls into that category. My pick here is Western Bulldogs -39.5 (-106) pinacle for 1 unit....As always best of luck with your plays....

Excelent write up. :clap:

Will the true Bulldogs stand up?

The Bullies are excellent at disposing of not-so-good teams..

Here lies the key.

Earlier in the week I was thinking Bulldogs to keep it within 39, but the closer I get to game time I'm imagining a similar scenario as the Tigers-Bulldogs match, and the same kind of performance from the dogs. But are the Crows as bad as Richmond? Its kind of hard to imagine a team as bad as them but lets hope so. I'll pull the trigger later.

I am 4-0 on Aussie Rules so far this season! :dance:
I like the play but 39.5 is outside my zone of comfort in terms of giving points away in any game. GL with it.

One of my friends lives in Adelaide. GL, x. That's a lotta points.

Thanks guys. OK to quell your enquiries. Roguey, if richmond and the crows were to play this weekend then its a bet id stay away form, such is the crows lack of form at the moment.

Dunder, good stuff :moped: normally id agree that 39.5 is too much BUT they are playing this at etihad (bulldogs home ground) and i really believe thatl ast weeks loss for the dogs combined with the extra pace of this ground will give neil craig and his players headaches and expose the crows lack of running depth through the midfield.

Mofo cheers for comp but stated my reason to dunder for the giving of points. Wouldnt be surprised if bulldogs win this by 55+ as they are good at putting away mediocre (at best) teams...

Last edited:
i love it xpansive. will be on this for sure. i get chucked every time i try to bet aussi rules. hopefully we can turn this around now!

getting juiced with -115 at bookmaker but I'm playing this

i love it xpansive. will be on this for sure. i get chucked every time i try to bet aussi rules. hopefully we can turn this around now!
Sweet fischy...AFL is the only thing that has saved me this week, heres hoping to another profitable weekend :moped:

getting juiced with -115 at bookmaker but I'm playing this
Pinny currently has the spread at -37.5 (+102)...interesting. Still, we shall see later tonight what happens.....:peace:

A late promotion to the front page since I didn't catch this earlier - thanks, xpansive.

Took Bulldogs 1-39

at least one of us will win
:cheers:
Livin up 2 ur username, good to see :grin: gl roguey....now wheres that voodoo doll lol....

A late promotion to the front page since I didn't catch this earlier - thanks, xpansive.

Ur kind gesture is appreciated mods :cheers: 2-1 on front page pics thus far so lets keep this rolling :moped:

:madd:

I don't know what to think now?? fukin spigoli!!!

No need to stress illy, the books trying to play mind fu%^s with you is all. It happened last week in swans/richmond game where line closed on sydney by 3 points only 4 swans to quite comfortably cover...:grin: