2016 NFL Playoffs Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 145 Comments
  • Views 7,579 Views
Minus-6 degrees at kickoff, minus -25 wind chill. Winds are 12 mph. The coldest game in Vikings history.

What Mudcat said.

I had the Seattle ml...but hate winning that way. Feel bad for Vikings.

I don't know the answer to that. Briefly tried to set up a search to get the answer ---> couldn't figure it out.

:sparesomecutter:

Oh. I actually figured it out. The answer is no. Since 1990 when they brought it to the current format of 4 WC games, in no year have 4 away teams won.

Three has happened ~5 times but not 4.

0-4 for the weekend! Rooting for now Zona, NE, Carolina and Denver next week!

And thanks Muddy!

I'm so disgusted with the Bengals that I'm reconsidering my fandom. What an embarrassing showing. The coach then does not condemn the actions of his players, rather he redirects attention to the refs. I've been a loyal fan for my entire sports life, but for the first time ever am ashamed to be a Bengals fan.

MCB, feel for you not just with regards to that ending of game but for being an Bengals fan! Hey, the Browns have not won the SB either and have been around longer than you guys. That being said always never cared for them cause of the Brown family being so frugal! When playing Pitts though a big fan!

seattle at CAROLINA is the most interesting match-up to me. Seattle is lucky to be there but still, we kinda know who they are. They're somebody. Panthers had such a ridiculously soft schedule, I don't know who they are. Time to start finding out.

Standing by my Zona-to-win-it-all prediction so obviously taking them this weekend.

Interesting that The Panthers are only a point and a half favorite over the Seahawks. That is basically saying that the should-not-even-have-made-it-to-the-game Seahawks are considered a better team than the 15-1 Panthers. Like, the Seahawks would be favored on neutral turf but the automatic homefield points are all that make Panthers a fave.

And I get that to an extent. Seahawks have had the much tougher schedule. Seahawks have 2 straight trips to the Super Bowl. Still, 15-1 and homefield ----> I gotta take the Panthers in that one.

Still thinking about the other two . . .

:thinking:

Panthers yes. I like it. ...can't say I watched any of their games but I'm just gonna assume I know better than the professional bookmakers. :grin:

Chiefs have not lost since October but they have played one crap team after another and going into New England ----> I'm taking the Patriots.

pitt/DENVER is chock full of injury uncertainty on both sides - toughest game to call for me - but I'm going with Broncos.

So I got

NEW ENGLAND
ARIZONA
CAROLINA
DENVER

All 4 rested home teams is what I got. Looks like I'm with MrM.

NE -4.5
GB ML
SEA ML
PIT ML

#GAMBOL

:sparesomecutter: