2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

• Start date
  • Replies 221 Comments
  • Views 11,005 Views
MoJF4K6.jpg

The Gold Medal game will be televised at 7am EST on Sunday ... Ouch.

Plommer. That brings up an interesting point. What is important to y'all w/ regard to medal count?

Total medals, total golds? I prefer a reverse point system to see who "wins" the winter Olympics. 3pts gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze.

Under my system the Canadians are in the lead.

Total gold is how they officially tally the winner.

Boner Canada should have 2 more golds by now, the French Canadian speed skater fell twice in races he would have won.

The last race he fell with a 2 second lead and half a lap to go.

Team Canada (women) will not beat Team USA women today.:redx:

Team Canada men will not beat Team US men tomorrow. :redx:

I'm glad you were wrong. Now onto the gold medal game at GULP;

7am Est. I'd hate to be on the west coast and have to get up for 4am...that would suck.

Canada should have more medals, they have 10 months of winter. :chickendance:

Nice comeback for Russian speed skater team against Canada. from More than a second behind

I'm glad you were wrong. Now onto the gold medal game at GULP;

7am Est. I'd hate to be on the west coast and have to get up for 4am...that would suck.

I'm glad I was as well Q.

I have the usual 4 major concerns. I need, in order of importance:

Mens hockey
Mens curling
Womens curling
Womens hockey

3 gold and one silver in Vancouver. That was good. The women curlers absolutely coughed up their gold medal game but whatre ya gonna do? Anyway, Im hoping we can somehow get similar results away from home this time around.

Pretty amazing. Pretty happy. I figured without homefield advantage a few things could easily go wrong, but the worst we can to is equal that Vancouver medal haul in my key events.

Men's hockey is most important though so, yeah.

I think it would be fun to throw curling stones down the bobsled track and see how far they would go...

It would also be fun to remove the breaks from the bobsleds.

There would be a bunch of surprised bobsledders sliding around the parking lot.