$179 million for a Picasso

• Start date
  • Replies 301 Comments
  • Views 23,454 Views
No no, it did get shredded. This is just a silly trinket.

I watched the Hungarian animated feature Ruben Brandt, Collector (2019). It's quite a trip. I loved it.

It's not going to appeal to everyone but for me: 8.3 out of 10

It's impossible to pick a single image to capture it but here's something anyway

DLJWpNl.jpg

I'm definitely going to watch that.

a van Gogh was stolen from a Dutch museum last night taking advantage that the city is lock down

The Parsonage Garden at Nuenen in Spring (1884)

Oh6uVEd.png

That's kind of cheating. I normally admire art thieves but this guy's ghey. Gotta beat security fair and square.

Tase that fok, Steve.

Yeah I'm in favor of any kind of harsh punishment for that guy. Is Gitmo still up and running?

. . . for those who enjoy art so much they want to see the individual atoms.

Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper in a new Gigapixel scan

That's really cool. Incredible details in there - shadows around the toes, the outlines of the glasses, the translucent drinks, the folds in the tablecloth, etc.

They sure liked to waste time back then.

They sure liked to waste time back then.

Supposedly that painting was kept in a stable with Napoleon's horses.

In 1796, French forces, under the orders of Napoleon, took control of Milan and used the refectory of Santa Maria delle Grazie as their stables. The men of these forces would spend their free time throwing rock, bricks, and horse manure at Leonardo's work. 1800 brought a flood that would fill the refectory with two feet of water for 15 straight days. Due to the standing water, the walls absorbed moisture, leading to a thick green mold covering the entire painting.

I’ve been browsing ebay for art since my walls are still mostly bare

Noticed these signed Picasso’s are available daily

How is this possible?

:clueless: they must be a print of a print :dunno: who knows what these pricks are doing now

Reactions: IAG