10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

• Start date
  • Replies 187 Comments
  • Views 7,591 Views
P.s. we will also go home with strange and do the dirty, BUT DON'T HOLLER AT ME ON THE STREET IN DAYLIGHT! cause that would degrading. :facepalm:

If you guise don't live in densely highly populated city you wouldn't understand.

The video is mild in my opinion. I see much more vulgar shit all the time.

Reno, clear up what you were saying about mary moving to the other side of street..? Sounds like an inside joke. Fill me in comrade.

Profound huh? was it super moving?

MrX
I wouldn't say that she's "freaking out."

She made a video, probably hoping that it will make some guys see that this stuff gets tiring and sometimes scary. That seems like a pretty reasonable response.

It was actually the producers girlfriend that got harassed and was the reason for the PSA. The actress is just a friend/participant.

Cami, you keep denying that big cities are any different than small towns. Trust me on this one.

P.s. we will also go home with strange and do the dirty, BUT DON'T HOLLER AT ME ON THE STREET IN DAYLIGHT! cause that would degrading. :facepalm:

Wow. I think Cami just set the women's movement back by about 20 years.

No, I am not denying that it's worse. Just fuck dude, ya'll be acting like some pansies. If you don't like it, move somewhere else. If you don't like it, ignore it. Last I checked Blitty you don't have a vagina, even though you are acting like one, so you do not get to tell a female (one that's get hit on, on a regular basis at that) if her opinion is valid or not. It doesn't matter where catcalling happens, or how often, it is the same thing, and often provokes the same emotion out of most women. I just think women are giving too many f's about it. Women need to stop crying about it, and actually take a stance when it occurs, or, again, ignore it.

We need a thread informing us about the strangest and dirtiest cami has done. :guitar:

IAG

Just an observation. No where did I say that the males behavior is acceptable. Not to mention, for the most part, it's just men saying ONE word, or sound, it's not like they are raping you. When it goes beyond that, for instance the guy walking with the girl for a few minutes after calling....ok, that's crossing the line. But just a whistle, or a dayumn?! common.

Last edited:
I agree ignoring it is best option. Taking a stance and engaging is horrible idea.

I agree ignoring it is best option. Taking a stance and engaging is horrible idea.
Good way to set an example for bullied children.

depends on the situation. I just think if more women actually told men when they did that, that they don't like it, I :dunno: maybe, eventually, they'd get the point and stop.

IAG
Good way to set an example for bullied children.

Kids can still learn and change their ways when young.

I doubt these old thugs on the corner will..

Kids can still learn and change their ways when young.

I doubt these old thugs on the corner will..
I'm am not sure if you missed my sarcasm or what, but I'm kind of missing ur point.

Creating a mindset that it is better to ignore harassment than fight against it, is not helpful to children. That is what I was attempting to communicate.

Blitty...what is the normal response to this type of behavior in NYC? I just saw a poll that %80 of women surveyed said they had been harassed like this. Obviously in this video the woman chose to just forge on quietly. Do most do that or do some respond-either being hostile or receptive?

Try catcalling a hooker and see what happens.

She probably gets into your car.

IAG

no I think she just progressed it 20 years.
Movements need to Quit bitching about insignificant things and work to empower yourself and others. She's exactly right.

btw. on side note. if this is 10 hours of walking through downtown in 3 minutes its a bit misleading. If I tape myself walking through hood areas or downtown in ten hours there will be some thing going down somewhere, at least hellos, comments, begging for change

There is a large difference between ignoring stupid male behavior, and bullying. An even larger difference between children, and adults. Not all situations can be handled the same.