Zach Hample: "I Will Now Wear a Football Helmet to all Games"

• Start date
  • Replies 28 Comments
  • Views 2,681 Views
more nets in baseball

He needs to protect that sweet, sweet head.

They don't need a net, the railings meet federal code.

Also, people talking about a lawsuit, current case law sides with the MLB. A previous lawsuit attempt failed because the railings met federal code.

its not about lawsuits, and code

its about saving the lives of innocent firefighters and not letting their sons watch them die!!!

its not about lawsuits, and code

its about saving the lives of innocent firefighters and not letting their sons watch them die!!!

Sad story indeed, just saying I saw discussion elsewhere on the internet talking about lawsuits and the like.....you know how our country is.

no i'm sure that is discussed and it silly

I get pissed when they talk bout limiting the players/umps throwing balls to players ect....

no i'm sure that is discussed and it silly

I get pissed when they talk bout limiting the players/umps throwing balls to players ect....

I doubt players stop chucking balls into the crowd. Normally during the game though the players chuck it deep into the crowd, because if they do the first row people usually bobble it and it falls back on the field and holds up play. I'm shocked Hamilton just tossed it into the front row, for now on he'll just chuck it 10 rows deep.

I think it helps bringing fans and making new fans

no way they can NOT do that anymore

Last edited:
You don't think they'll be allowed to toss foul balls into the stands? That could have easily been a HR ball during the game that the guy reached out for....

Only thing that MIGHT change would be railings, they'll still toss in tons of balls into the crowd.

no no sorry

no way they can eliminate that

eating eggs and saugages now

You don't think they'll be allowed to toss foul balls into the stands? That could have easily been a HR ball during the game that the guy reached out for....

Only thing that MIGHT change would be railings, they'll still toss in tons of balls into the crowd.

Thats right, you're a ball chaser, I forgot.

No wonder you know so much about this stuff.

Check out the big brain on Herman.

I think MLB needs to institute a bungee cord rule for those in the first row at an elevated level.

Just imagine if this guy was attached to a 10 ft bungee cord, this would be a sports highlight reel story instead of a sad one.

Nickaaaaaaay!

the guy that Herman paid 500 bucks to teach him to catch foul balls at games

was the guy that caught A-rod's 3,000 hit

HRhttp://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/notorious-ball-hawk-zack-hample-catches-a-rod-s-3-000th-hit-001101863.html

Now that I think about it, someone on TV was teasing the upcoming sports report and they mentioned the home run and they said, " . . . and you won't believe who caught the ball."

And then they went to commercial.

I didn't hang around for the report but if they started talking about that guy my reaction would have been, "Who the fuck?"

"My intention all along, I've been imagining this scenario as a 1-in-a-million, was not to give it back," Hample said. "You know, just because the guy who got Jeter's 3,000th hit, a lot of people called him an idiot. A lot of people said that he was a wonderful person and extremely generous. And I really think that, whatever you want to do with it is your choice."

He added, "I think that someone like Derek Jeter or Alex Rodriguez, who has made half a billion dollars in his career, doesn't really need a favor from a normal civilian and a fan like me. I don't know right now if I'm going to sell it. I mean, depending on what the Yankees could offer, I would consider giving it back. I'm not giving it back for I don't plan to give it back for a chance to meet him and full autographed bats because I don't collect bats, I collect baseballs. Just having this ball is so meaningful to me. I can't believe that I got it."

It increased my respect for him about a million times. :hattip: