Wtf is this Bitcoin shit

• Start date
  • Replies 64 Comments
  • Views 4,660 Views
Using BTC for books is ridiculously convenient.

My bank won’t allow me to purchase BTC with my debit card but I can using my checking account (just have to wait 6 days for it to process).

Yeah I actually don't have a bank account right now and have no desire to have one or involve them in any of this. I use Paypal for online things and Coinbase will do Paypal deposits and withdrawals free of charge. Looks like doing it without a bank account is fee rapeage anywhere else (and you could very possibly get scammed), via Local bitcoins or what not. Just waiting out their 72 hour window to approve my new phone number since some douche stole my old phone, then should be ready to play on Bovada where everyone is anonymous so HUD issues that X brought up won't apply (though I still appreciate the suggestion - it'd be a huge concern anywhere else). Not pleased that that reduces my ability to chase fish around but no one will know what I'm doing so that's cool.

Bovada has a 100% poker bonus that should be good.

Waiting out Coinbase here is annoying me so if anyone has any suggestions on other non bank account Bitcoin options that aren't shady as fuk feel free to let me know.

Prediction - in two weeks I'll tell you that online is still a rigged piece of shit and I'm back to playing live. But hey, we're splashing here.

Let's see what happens.

..., then should be ready to play on Bovada where everyone is anonymous so HUD issues that X brought up won't apply (though I still appreciate the suggestion - it'd be a huge concern anywhere else).

Ah, see, told you I was way out of the online poker loop.

Read up on Bovada and it sounds pretty great. I think I'll play a little.

How you gonna buy in? I wish I was comfortable cashing in and out of books

Best of luck X, I should be in in the next couple of days. Just opened a couple local bank accounts so I'm not dealing with all this crap again.

And no Reno I am not comfortable but the source that told me about Bovada is extremely reliable and told me all transactions are very fluid there.

I imagine I'll buy some bitcoin through an exchange and use that.

You already have bitcoin, wouldn't you just use that?

Problem is these books want you to send copies of Id to cash out nowadays even with bitcoin. I'm not comfortable with that, maybe wrongly so.

Problem is these books want you to send copies of Id to cash out nowadays even with bitcoin. I'm not comfortable with that, maybe wrongly so.
Nothing wrong with wanting privacy but if the control structure wants its pound of flesh then they'll fight tooth and nail to get it.

There are ways around this though

I don't have the patience to read a godam manual expy. Explain it yourself if feasible. I wasted enough time figuring out wallets. Just would like to place a bet like you would in Vegas. Even pretty recently the same book that would send check or mg no id needed now want I'd for btc cashouts. It's like what's the point?

Reno, Bitcoin is a total game changer from the old days of dealing with all the nonsense with deposits and payouts.

I set up a Bookmaker account using Bitcoin. Payouts are extremely easy.

Haven't bought in quite yet,lost a lot of money the other night live (mostly on bad beats) then got drunk, spilled salsa all over my bed and lost my keys, so working on that.

I bought Bitcoin last week to buy in to Bovada. There's a two week hold until I can take it off Coinbase. It's up almost 33% since I bought it. Who needs poker?

because of the funding method?
I'm guessing it's to prevent banking fraud. Didn't really look into it. You can trade right away, but you can't take it off site. Makes some sense I guess. If you got a hold of someone's bank account, bought Bitcoin and took it off site, there would be no recovering it.