World Series of Poker Hypeeeeeee

• Start date
  • Replies 147 Comments
  • Views 7,889 Views
With legal signed documents?

Nope, with honor system. If I had won $300,000 I could have told them all to get fucked.

But you know me Roguey that's not the Vegas Dave way.

(Well, it is the Vegas Dave way for that new scammer schill asshole Vegas Dave. But it's not this Vegas Dave's way haha)

Is it common for poker pros to sell off a %?

Yeah, almost all of them do it. Sometimes in the form of "swaps", where they swap 5 or 10% of each other's action in an event they are both playing.

Many pros sell their action at a markup on sites like StakeKings. For example they might sell 20% of a $10,000 tournament at a 1.5 markup. So if you want 1% of them ($100 of equity) you've gotta pay $150.

Top top guys like Daniel Negreanu keep all their action. But in the larger high-roller buy-in events ($100,000+) or in a whole summer of events most guys sell action to decrease variance.

Soooo the stream opened up a new opportunity for me. Got a new poker writing gig with a fairly popular poker site, with interest expressed in me helping them out with their Twitch and YouTube streaming goals as they expand in the coming months.

As a result I'm going to give regular streaming a go this month... might as well see if we can build on the momentum and strike while the iron is hot. I doubt much will come of it, but who knows, maybe we can build up a little audience and start getting some other offers and opportunities in the poker world out of it.

Starting Monday going to be streaming five nights a week, starting at 8p ET / 5p PT. Smaller and less significant tourneys than the ones I played in July. Come check it out on nights you are bored. Was fun having you all in the mix!

Have actually been streaming video games instead this last week. Unfortunately online poker in America options are so limited there are no good tournament series going on right now. So just having fun with the stream for now until the next series comes along.

Dave did you play any WSOP events this year? The 538.com stats dude Nate Silver comes up on my Twitter feed and he's still in and I'm getting drawn in to following him and it made me think of your streams.

Dave did you play any WSOP events this year? The 538.com stats dude Nate Silver comes up on my Twitter feed and he's still in and I'm getting drawn in to following him and it made me think of your streams.
Nah, not this year. It's been a few years now. Mom was taking chemo so couldn't risk getting COVID in 2021 and 2022 since she was immuno-compromised. This year I would have liked to have played, but the writing job market is kind of shaky at the moment and don't really feel like I'm the right spot financially to be putting up a few grand to play. I feel like if I'm not going to be playing 100% because I'm worried about the money instead of just making the best plays, I'd rather not play at all.

So yeah, hoping to make my triumphant return to the felt someday, but sadly wasn't this year. I always miss it the most during WSOP season.