World Series of Poker Hypeeeeeee

• Start date
  • Replies 147 Comments
  • Views 8,094 Views
Start fund raising for 2024 WSOP main event now. I'm in for a piece!

I imagine that the largest tournament(s) have the most opportunity for a +ev player due to the larger relative number of entries from -ev players?

Start fund raising for 2024 WSOP main event now. I'm in for a piece!

I imagine that the largest tournament(s) have the most opportunity for a +ev player due to the larger relative number of entries from -ev players?
THE MAIN would be crazy! Hopefully I'm internet famous enough to be able to sell off enough action to do it someday (next year would be nice).

And yeah pretty much every weekend during WSOP season they run very rec-friendly tournaments in the $400 to $1500 buy-in range like the Monster Stack, Millionaire Maker, Colossus, etc. Huge turnouts and prizepools. And to your point much better EV than, say, a $5,000 or $10,000 six-max or PLO event that's going to be loaded with pros and definitely -EV (but would still be fun to play in).

The Main is definitely +EV with its amazing structure and the huge number of amateurs playing. Though the rake on it is crazy, and surviving variance for the 3 days it takes to get into the money is no easy feat. But goddamn would it be cool to play in.

As much as The Main is the dream, if given the choice I'd be more inclined to sell a package of like 3-5 tourneys for ~$5000, get a lot more play in multiple tourneys and they could always roll it into a Main buy-in if any of those resulted in a deep run.

They fumbled the payout this year in the Main. You’re not guaranteed a million if you make the final table so they could prop up the prize for first place ($12 million).

2nd place gets HALF of what first place gets. Common.

They fumbled the payout this year in the Main. You’re not guaranteed a million if you make the final table so they could prop up the prize for first place ($12 million).

2nd place gets HALF of what first place gets. Common.
Yeah it's impressive how they made a payout so bad that everyone unanimously hates it!