Who is going to be the next President of the United States?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,787 Comments
  • Views 107,938 Views
Dream ticket right here

Donald-Trump.jpg

Sarah-Palin.jpg

I'm voting for Bernie Sanders. If he doesn't get the nomination, it will be yet another Presidential election that I won't be participating in.

Obama sounded good too. Why would one expect this guy to accomplish anything he preaches any more than all the previous great white/black hopes?

4-5 Hillary? thats scary

ill take "Not Marco Rubio" for my life...

ill take "Not Marco Rubio" for my life...
I don't know. Maybe in 2020... he's still too fresh for me. He does have command of those debates though. I heard some talk that the GOP estab may try to get Romney in the race. They are starting to panic that Carson or Trump might actually win the nomination.

Trump is a clown, but if he surrounds himself with the right people, I think he might actually turn things around. I'm still waiting on his clear position on social security/medicare reform. Seems like Huckabee is the only one dedicated to not screwing the seniors.

Obama sounded good too. Why would one expect this guy to accomplish anything he preaches any more than all the previous great white/black hopes?

4-5 Hillary? thats scary

Because he's been doing it his entire career. He has the voting record that proves it. Not sure if he will get any of it past Congress. That's the biggest hurdle.

no offense to anyone actually pulling a name out of the hat, instead of just saying what party they will vote for, but has there ever been a bigger laughing stock of utter fucking idiots running for an election?

nice to see you around, mf :cheers:

He's the only candidate who has a plan to get corporate influence out of the election process. No Republican is interested in that (and bragging about how much money you have doesn't actually fix the problem). The only way to reduce the wealth disparity in the nation is penalize those that are taking advantage of the system - not giving them more. The banks need to be broken up. If they are too big to fail, they are too big to exist. The drug war has cost us trillions upon trillions of dollars and hasn't done one thing to stop drug use or violence. Prohibition has never worked and never will. It creates gangs (or cartels) and puts non-violent offenders in prison with no redeeming value to society. All of these policies are advocated by Sanders. If he can get just one of them through, we're making progress.

Pretty difficult to grow an economy when the largest employer in America is Walmart and their employees are forced to apply for $6.2 billion/year in government subsidies because they don't pay their workers a livable wage.

Pretty difficult to grow an economy when the largest employer in America is Walmart and their employees are forced to apply for $6.2 billion/year in government subsidies because they don't pay their workers a livable wage.

Exactly.

The question is: How do you stop that? The debate between the parties seems to be either to lower Walmart's taxes and eliminate the government subsidies or to increase the minimum wage. The answer is probably somewhere in between. Sanders talks about finding common ground between parties a lot. That's the only way things get done. They don't get done drawing a line in the sand and standing your ground.

Just saw clips from Trump's speech in Iowa...just when I thought he was learning to get himself under control....dude has lost it.

I hope it's sadcat.

If sadcat and happycat fought who would win? Kind of an oxymoroncat though because if happycat loses he/she then becomes sadcat. Or maybe angrycat.

Not enough tender vittles to go around, that's for sure.

bernies idea of raising min wage would be great if you could only enforce it on companies who gross so and so...if it applies to all, it will destroy middle america business owners and mom and pop.. killing off one part of an economic group, in order to save another, isnt a fix... a lot of his fixes have some ugly drawbacks and would never get passed through congress anyways...

it looks as if it will be hillary anyways

"We need more welders and less philosophers." Lol. Rubio is growing on me.

bernies idea of raising min wage would be great if you could only enforce it on companies who gross so and so...if it applies to all, it will destroy middle america business owners and mom and pop.. killing off one part of an economic group, in order to save another, isnt a fix... a lot of his fixes have some ugly drawbacks and would never get passed through congress anyways...

it looks as if it will be hillary anyways

It doesn't increase to $15/hr. overnight. It's a gradual increase. There's really no data to support the idea that increasing the minimum wage hurts small businesses. It provides minimum wage workers with more capital which they typically spend and often spend at small businesses.

If it's Hillary, I'm not voting.