Who is going to be the next President of the United States?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,787 Comments
  • Views 108,275 Views
My current professional field is in a "wait and see" mode to see if companies that outsource jobs outside the US are taxed. I hope so because it will bring back a LOT of medical coding/billing jobs from India and Pakistan. Did you realize that there is a chance that every bit of information in your medical file may be accessed by someone in a different country? Name, address, DOB and SSN.

What the actual fuck is going on in the USA? I read today that green card holders may be thrown out with the new executive orders.

Wife has two Iranian coworkers who are M.D.'s and are currently doing their residency in the States. They're allowed to stay for now.

I'm hoping this is sarcastic.

We just go with it. I didn't vote for him, left the president choice blank. There was no way I was voting for Clinton.

Time will tell is all I can say.

I wonder how many green card holders will be waiting this out in Canada.

Can you go to Canada with a green card?

U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents may use their I-551 ("Green Card") -- instead of a passport -- for travel between Canada and the United States, by air, land, or sea. The I-551 is accepted for entry to Canada, from the U.S.; a U.S. permanent resident does not require a visa to visit Canada, regardless of citizenship.

efHF2yq.jpg

Last edited:
What are you referring to Mr.q? I doubt they gonna start rounding up legal immigrants and sending them where? :dunno: anything's possible. But people hear a lot of b.s. that's more possible

If the US wants to kick out Dr's with green cards I think Canada should let them all in and get them working here.

I wonder if this nonsense is going to mess with the Windsor area at all plommay?

I wonder if this nonsense is going to mess with the Windsor area at all plommay?
How so?

The area has plenty of dual US/Canadian citizens that makes the international border no different than a state line to them.

US residents with green cards can and will be turned back at the border if they are trying to come to Canada to work without obtaining work permits in advance of trying to enter the country. That won't change.

If the US wants to kick out Dr's that aren't US citizens then the Canadian gov't needs to get them work visas ASAP and welcome them in to this country. The Dr's can't do it themselves or just show up at the border unannounced expecting to live in Canada and work here.

Well this was just week 1. God only knows what else may transpire.

It has nothign to do with people currently here and it's not that scary.