Where is Damascus?

150. Only better than 53% of the last 500 people, they must not be surveying americans.

I got within 13 miles. I pat attention....sometimes.

150 miles! The setup is not good! Can't scroll + to get better view of Middle East area! Trying to pinpoint a city from that world map is very difficult even for someone with my geography expertise!

It's a very dopey/clumsy set up. I was 391 miles off. Wouldn't be surprised if my first dot for where I live was also 391 miles off.

238 miles

I did hit the right country, just too far NE.

Here's what the last 500 players thought.
You were better than 30% of them. You're pretty poor at Damascus finding!

:ohmy:

It's a very dopey/clumsy set up. I was 391 miles off. Wouldn't be surprised if my first dot for where I live was also 391 miles off.

Yes, when I somehow got the map to +, I was living in the Atlantic Ocean!

pretty amazing when you look at a map and see how far away the US is from all these regions we're creating havoc in.

Oh wait. I'm dumb.

I didn't get that you could zoom in 'n shit before clicking. I was just clicking with that clumsy hand on the big map as it first appears.

I was all set to bomb huge swaths of the middle east that had nothing to do with Damascus. Wouldn't my face have been red.

Muddy, I think RJ purposely used this example to make us all look stupid! Not everyone is a map genius like him!

I was a few thousand miles off. I hit Tehran instead of Damascus.

took me about ten minutes to figure out how to scroll on that thing. i got 4 miles away, 99th percentile. i promise i dont know the lat/long coordinates to damascus though.

Cammi = geography pro :bowdown:

Not really, I actually suck at geography, I just researched the place when Steve started talking about it, and happened to remember it's general location. That's my photographic memory working for you.

He even speaks the Syrian dialect of Arab.

If he keeps making wagers like the SD one last night, he might have no recourse but turn himself over for the other side!