• Replies 31 Comments
  • Views 1,989 Views

Bookieville Dax

Bookieville Founder
Since
Jun 12, 2012
Score
Tokens
Is the rush that you feel real or is it psychologically induced by society? And if it is real for you when did you have your first real experience and how?

Technically its a psychological and physical rush. Your mind thinks it's taking a real risk, and when that risk pays off, it provides the
good feeling, releases endorphin's in the brain. It falls into the whole risk/reward concept. IMO
Though I have not played cards or anything in a long time, I always just had fun.

Nothing. no emotion whatsoever.

Technically its a psychological and physical rush. Your mind thinks it's taking a real risk, and when that risk pays off, it provides the
good feeling, releases endorphin's in the brain. It falls into the whole risk/reward concept. IMO
Though I have not played cards or anything in a long time, I always just had fun.

OK, I agree it's endogenous opioid peptides that are released in to your blood stream, but do you believe it to be a real feeling? and what was your first experience like, did you feel alive?

I wouldn't say alive, diving off a 40' cliff makes me feel alive, it was just a lot of fun. It was exciting.
Before I can answer if it felt "real", first I need to know what you mean by real...

I wouldn't say alive, diving off a 40' cliff makes me feel alive, it was just a lot of fun. It was exciting.
Before I can answer if it felt "real", first I need to know what you mean by real...

Exactly, that's the question... What is REAL? Each person has a different reality, so what seems real to you might in fact not be real... so is a feeling real?

This is something I have debated numerous times, to ones self, yes the feeling is real, but to others it may simply be a fabrication or
mis-interpretation

i.e. I love my kids, my fiancee, my parent, that is REAL.
I feel upset by what so and so said, that may be a real feeling to me, but false to someone else.
I feel a rush from cards....could be real to the person stating it, could be bull to someone else.
I think REAL is one of those things that is different to everyone.

or it might not be real at all... we can see a grapefruit because the way the light spectrum bounces off of it, but does this mean that without light it would not exist?

That is the same as asking if something falls and no one is around, does it still make a noise.
We all know the answer is yes.

btw I do not like grapefruit. ick.

Is the rush that you feel real or is it psychologically induced by society? And if it is real for you when did you have your first real experience and how?

it used to be an adrenaline rush. Now it's more of just a job that I get money from.

When I gamble both sides of a game for a guaranteed profit I get a feeling of euphoria just like after the fifth hit of a fat one.

That is the same as asking if something falls and no one is around, does it still make a noise.
We all know the answer is yes.

btw I do not like grapefruit. ick.

You know the answer is yes because that is what you believe or are lead to believe, but you can't guarantee that there was a noise or sound.

I don't want to seem like a Dick or anything I just like to philosophize about things... So thank you for the lovely debate :happyface:

np!

But I can argue the opposite, just because no one is around, doesn't mean that everything turns magically silent. That this tree falls all so softly all of a sudden.
Sound is simply a vibration moving through the air, and this vibration is perceived as sounds once it hits a beings ears. So, this tree will still fall, it will still create a vibration that will move through the air creating sound, only, there is not being there to hear it.

np!

But I can argue the opposite, just because no one is around, doesn't mean that everything turns magically silent. That this tree falls all so softly all of a sudden.
Sound is simply a vibration moving through the air, and this vibration is perceived as sounds once it hits a beings ears. So, this tree will still fall, it will still create a vibration that will move through the air creating sound, only, there is not being there to hear it.

OK, but that argument is based on our senses, what if our species had no ears, how would we interpret sound? would it still exist? Would the falling object still make a noise?

And not all vibrations are perceived as sounds, our bodies atoms and molecules vibrate to give our eyes an image of what we are; and some frequencies are so low or so high for that matter that they go unheard by the human being does this mean that they don't exist because we don't hear them?

AND just because we don't hear our bodies vibrate does this mean we don't really exist?