When will MLB Opening Day be? Post prediction

• Start date
  • Replies 337 Comments
  • Views 19,658 Views
I've been following this Jon Heyman guy and he's done nothing but confirm my suspicions that there is a ~0% chance of baseball this season.

How is the KBO doing?

My $100 wager offer still stands, @Matty

I'm tempted. According to a graph I saw, owners would incur a smaller loss by not playing this season. Media revenue only covers 1/3 of potential losses for an 82-game season with no fans in the stands.

🤔

EYO1fwoXYAIjIwm.jpg

(I don't know whether "full compensation" means prorated salary or the actual full dollar amount on players' contracts. I assume it's prorated.)

Can they offer to pay them half? And would that make a big difference? You'd think that players would be happy to accept :dunno:

The Nicaraguan baseball league didn't stop playing the last two months, the San Fernando team of Masaya has 9 players infected, 2 of them hospitalized and their coach passed away on Thursday

This news piece from 05/13 says that they returned from a series in Bonanza all feeling sick but they kept on practicing and played another series after that one

After news of the death came out players from around the league started protesting and the baseball commission has suspended the league for 21 days

mjuOoCh.jpg

Photo from their series in Bonanza​

MLB owners are delivering a new economic proposal to players on Tuesday

Players propose 114 game season starting 6/30 but don't move off full (prorated) salary. Until they agree to lose some of the money they thought they would make in 2020 this ain't moving.

They're asking for a handout.

Owners propose 75% pro-rated salary

76 game season

Playoff pool money

Regular season ends September 27th

Post-season ends end of October

It is clearly evident that COVID-19 is not what’s keeping baseball from having a deal to start the season yet.

Yeah, full-blown labor dispute at this point.

did i hear correctly that the commissioner can force a 50 some odd game season?