When will MLB Opening Day be? Post prediction

• Start date
  • Replies 337 Comments
  • Views 19,641 Views
I admire y'alls optimism, I really do.

It takes a whole lot of people to support a baseball game. It's a public gathering even with no one in the crowd.

Theres no law against public gatherings. At least not any constitutional ones.

:lol: 2035 it is

That’s not my interpretation of Jeff Passan’s tweet.

My interpretation is (in a nut-shell), MLB will be playing regular season games (quite possibly at neutral sites with no fans) in June or July.

worries me when they say no ban on mass gatherings and experts decide there's no risk to public health.
I'm afraid that after this they will always see a public health risk in everything (which of course there always is some)

What league plays a game first:

MLS +109

MLB -121

Bookmaker

Boner, started this season Feb 29 and last year March 3 last year. Ahead of bases by a month so thinking they might want to get started sooner and be the better bet? Though bases has relatively few days off and MLS usually plays 1 match a week so they could easily play 2 weekly if need be!

Let’s ask the important question here.

When will MLB play their first regular season games?

Post your guess.

June 18 is my guess

I think I missed it by 13 days.

July 1 in Arizona with no fans -150

Do they have dozens of air conditioned stadiums in AZ? I've been there in July. 🔥

Do they have dozens of air conditioned stadiums in AZ? I've been there in July. 🔥

Pal, if it’s their only option to salvage the 2020 season, owners and the MLBPA aren’t going to let the heat be the deciding factor common

Is someone actually taking bets on this? I want in.

Edit - Bookmaker, I see.

New edit - Can't find it. Throw me a link, brah.

Last edited:
I think the season gets scrapped.

There's no end in sight to this. Players playing to empty stadiums isn't really a viable option... the players themselves will still be at major risk of locker room-wide contamination. And frankly I don't think it's super wise to mix a wide-spreading respiratory disease pandemic with pro sports. Imagine the PR disaster if a player dies?

I don't even think NFL games are going to happen. MLB games seems super optimistic.

March 28, 2021.

Matty, never been to an opening day game! Philly usually too cold for me! End of March ranging from 55 to 45 degrees with wind! Matty, I'm a 70-70+ baseball game attendee especially a night game where up one level and the wind factor increases! I remember little league tryouts end of Feb/March where your hands stung every time you hit the ball!
1586096872123.png

What league plays a game first:

MLS +109

MLB -121

Bookmaker

Matty, I’m getting the spinning wheel of death when I try to access the book at Bookmaker.

I’ll post the link later. MLB was up to -145 this morning.