What do you think about this idea for Hockey?

• Start date
  • Replies 37 Comments
  • Views 2,673 Views
Maybe make the puck the size of a dinner plate and the sticks the size of snow shovels. That will slow down the game enough so we americans and foreigners can enjoy the game.

Don't follow the puck, follow the play.

If you cant follow the puck you most likely dont understand the game of hockey.

Figure out some basic hockey strategies and where the puck is and where it is going will be lot easier to see

Regardless of what color the puck is, newcomers to the game will have trouble spotting it. It is small and it moves very fast. In theory, what is more visible than black on white?

Some people pick up on it right away, others it takes a little while. But the players have no trouble seeing it, and the fans have no trouble seeing it. Anyone who can't see it is just too lazy to take the time to try.

Lets just get rid of 16 teams and be done with it....

Let's start by killing that bitch who's singing the national anthems in Philly. Horrible.

Ok I understand the whole "play the man, not the puck" thing, and that "Jesus saves, but Gretsky scores". I just think that if the puck where made a color that isn 't allow for any other thing in the rink including, skates, sticks, ice, advertisements,etc... it would make it a little easier for the novice who doesn't watch hockey all the time to watch hockey. I already get enough shit from non fans telling me that fighting needs to get out of the game, and I have tried to inform them that they are fucked in the head for thinking that way. Not only do you get a fight which is always fun to watch, you get players controling the style of play by themselves. However, in the case of a fight, I also think it would be cool if they didn't blow the whistle for that, just let them fight while the play carries on and only blow the whistle for an offsides or other infraction that is needed.

Lets just get rid of 16 teams and be done with it....

This is a great idea, put 8 in Canada and 8 in the US.

Each country is its own conference, and the conference winners play for the cup.

The regular season should be shortened too.

Ok I understand the whole "play the man, not the puck" thing, and that "Jesus saves, but Gretsky scores". I just think that if the puck where made a color that isn 't allow for any other thing in the rink including, skates, sticks, ice, advertisements,etc... it would make it a little easier for the novice who doesn't watch hockey all the time to watch hockey. I already get enough shit from non fans telling me that fighting needs to get out of the game, and I have tried to inform them that they are fucked in the head for thinking that way. Not only do you get a fight which is always fun to watch, you get players controling the style of play by themselves. However, in the case of a fight, I also think it would be cool if they didn't blow the whistle for that, just let them fight while the play carries on and only blow the whistle for an offsides or other infraction that is needed.

The only problem I have with fighting is the pussy ass French Canadiens and Euros who where the half shield and wont take it off when they get into a fight.

I heard that Phoenix may be headed to Edmonton, or some other city in the midwest of Canada, is there any truth to this rumor?

I heard that Phoenix may be headed to Edmonton, or some other city in the midwest of Canada, is there any truth to this rumor?

Prbably not since Bettman for whatever reason wants that team in Phoenix. Hamilton and Winnepeg have been mentioned in the past, but with Bettman's track recored if Coyotes move in will be to Kansas City.

Prbably not since Bettman for whatever reason wants that team in Phoenix. Hamilton and Winnepeg have been mentioned in the past, but with Bettman's track recored if Coyotes move in will be to Kansas City.

yeah he is doing everything in his power to not let the team go to Hamilton or Winnepeg where the team would be much more viable. He wants to put the team in another city with no hockey tradition in front of a bunch of people that could care less.....

Again why i think hockey needs to get rid of about 16 teams

Sounds like they should get rid of Bettman. I think the biggest reasons for moving some of them to the southern states is for the money, and as it turns out, the fan base just isn't there, partly because people just can't follow the game, I mean I'm from Florida, as the saying goes, "why do it today when you can put if off until tomorrow." sums up the speed of life there. Now with the Canadian dollar just about at par with the U.S. dollar( sorry for the Wall Street jargon), I would think that a move back to the midwest of Canada would be an awesome move, and they would have more places for the January 1 st outdoor game. I mean really, I would like to see them pull off a January 1st game on South Beach, but that would be a logistical nightmare heavy in refrigeration, and dehumidification cost.

yeah he is doing everything in his power to not let the team go to Hamilton or Winnepeg where the team would be much more viable. He wants to put the team in another city with no hockey tradition in front of a bunch of people that could care less.....

Again why i think hockey needs to get rid of about 16 teams

The players association would never go for it. The Nhl owners were idiots in the 1990's they keep expanding and each owner ended up with a few million each time, great for short term return, but expansion will end up costing them more in the end.

Biggest rumor seems to be them heading back to Winnipeg.

However, in the case of a fight, I also think it would be cool if they didn't blow the whistle for that, just let them fight while the play carries on and only blow the whistle for an offsides or other infraction that is needed.

this is actually a good original idea. I don't care for fighting in hockey, but if they claim it's part of the game it should really be part of the game.:up:

The other day me and the old lady were at the bar watching the Flyers shutout the Habs for the 3rd time in this series, when the old lady had a idea that I think would actually help the game become a little bit more popular.

She proposed that they change the puck color to something that is flouresent. Like Orange, or yellow. She thinks, and I concur that with the puck being black, it is harder to follow and sometimes you lose sight of the puck because most if not all players have black skates. Now she isn't talking about what FOX did a couple of years back where they electronically put tracers on the puck so I would have some acid flashbacks, but actually just changing the puck so that some of the more blind viewers can see the damn thing easier.

What do you think? Canadians are also welcome to chime in.

Dumb idea. Puck is black. Ice is white. No need to change the colour of the puck. The puck is easy to follow if you understand the game. Here's a tip for your wife. Angle on = angle off.

The issue I see with changing the puck color...is that it actually makes it easier to see for the goalie....why would you want to do that. Scoring in hockey right now is perfect. not too much not too little....leave well enough alone.

Only idea I have for hockey is to eliminate about 16 teams.....it is too watered down right now.

I say contract at least 4 teams. I agree the league is watered down with a bunch of 4th liners who belong in the AHL or retired.