• Replies 31 Comments
  • Views 2,330 Views

betplom

RPM
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Since I moved to Windsor in April 2013 I've taken advantage of the services and collection at various branches of the Windsor Public Library.

I'm reading avidly once again. I enjoy reading non-fiction, true crime, biographies, nature/wildlife, and human nature books.

I also enjoy listening to classical or smooth jazz when reading. I usually have a coffee nearby and my reading glasses on as well.

I listen to CBC Radio1 Windsor 97.5 and WRCJ Detroit 90.9 (Classical Days - Jazzy Nights).

Links:
http://www.cbc.ca/mediacentre/cbc-radio-one-windsor.html
http://www.wrcjfm.org/

I'm learning to slow down and enjoy life a little more.

My question for you is this:

What book are you currently reading?

What book(s) would you recommend?

I am currently reading:

Best American Crime Writing - Otto Penzler / Thomas H. Cook
image.jpg

and

Divorced From The Mob - Andrea Giovino
image.jpg

:guitar:

I read many historical sports books. Right now I am reading The Last Headbangers - NFL Football in the Rowdy 1970's.

What a surprise this thread has 5 posts.

I'm a terrible reader, very slow. Tend to read non-fiction about science or sports.

Currently reading "The High Frontier" by Gerald K. O'Neill. Very interesting book about colonies in space. Some of it seems likely to happen, I hope so.

Do coloring books count?

Page 7 of “Puffy Does Asia”

Unfortunately, I’m all out of Marigold Yellow

the game people play, a transnational behavior analysis. by some smart dude....

I stopped reading back when I started sports betting for a living, over 15 years ago.

Before that I was always reading and I think I need to get back to it.

Probable next book: a reread of Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut.

ah, that might have been the last book I read actually. Pretty close

what's that book about, Muddy, Reno?

Honestly can't remember. ...but it has nothing to do with sports. ..probably alot of Kilgore Trout. I can hardly remember any of Vonnegut novels even though Ive enjoyed reading practically all of them, and fairly recently :dunno:

Yeah it's just a lot of human observation. Bit of a road trip for a jaded old guy. Very funny and thoughtful. I would name Breakfast of Champions as my favorite book of all time.

Hopefully not to get too morbid here but I have the copy that my brother was reading when he died - so I'll read that.

It's also illustrated btw. By the author, for absurdist effect, I would say.

Like this:

iu

hmmm....I think I might have to go on a book hunt....I am curious.....

It's good to be reading again - and Breakfast of Champions remains an outstanding book.

Oklahoma -32 (2 units) one time common.
:bobby:

Say, how bout a quote?

Trout was petrified there on Forty-second Street. I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth.

:handshake: