What are you listening to?

waiting for mommie / my life with the thrill kill kult

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
- Pink Floyd

released 5 August 1967

Listened to the entire album today, the first time I've ever heard any of the songs.

5/10 Marty Rains. This was their first album and it wasn't great. Not terrible either but compared to their later stuff it was weak.

I've made it a goal to listen to every second of every song on every album Floyd released since 1967. Today was album one & day one.

5e473851f7eeb665b659679b2756be36.1000x1000x1.png

Haven't been into this genre of tunes in a while but exposed to this group through a coworker and respect them for doing it.

Local Toronto 70's - 80's bar band that were pretty good live. The ROCK starts at 3min mark, classical intro prior.

I'm certain Mr Mudcat has heard of GODDO

:betplom:

This song ( LIsten to what the man said) came on Spotify today while at my computer. Probably the most nostalgic song in the world for me.

Reminds me of the 70's, I remember quite vividly hearing this song on the radio as a 9 yr old kid on a hot summer day in Toronto while in the car with my family on our way to visit my grandparents. Its nostalgic now because 1975 was a very happy time, everyone I knew was alive. Grandparents, parents, every aunt and uncle and all my friends. Toronto was my world.

Never had any personal exposure to death until 1977 when my 19 yr old uncle committed suicide. He jumped off the 10th floor balcony of the apartment he lived in with my aunt and grandmother. I barely remember him all these years later. Then in '78 had a 12 yr old friend and teammate killed after getting hit by a car during summer holidays, I can still picture that young boy (Billy) laying in the casket. My mother took me to his funeral.

I've always loved almost every Paul McCartney & Wings tune since.

Last edited:
The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
- Pink Floyd

released 5 August 1967

Listened to the entire album today, the first time I've ever heard any of the songs.

5/10 Marty Rains. This was their first album and it wasn't great. Not terrible either but compared to their later stuff it was weak.

I've made it a goal to listen to every second of every song on every album Floyd released since 1967. Today was album one & day one.

View attachment 4595
As much as I'm a fan, there's numerous albums of theirs I haven't listened to. Although I've heard bits n pieces. Sounds like a good plan Plommer.

As much as I'm a fan, there's numerous albums of theirs I haven't listened to. Although I've heard bits n pieces. Sounds like a good plan Plommer.
Coolie I'm a fan and wasn't even aware they (Floyd) recorded albums in the 60's.

Never had any personal exposure to death until 1977 when my 19 yr old uncle committed suicide. He jumped off the 10th floor balcony of the apartment he lived in with my aunt and grandmother.

They were there when he jumped?

They were there when he jumped?
No, he attacked his sister and mother (my aunt and grandmother) late at night and they ran from the apt screaming for help.

They were afraid so they waited for the cops to come. When the police entered the unit there was no sign of him and while out on the balcony they spotted his body on the ground below.

This is how I remember it being told to me. My mother still has the newspaper story from the Toronto Star.
It read "Man 19, hits mother, kills self."

so traumatic for your grandmother
For her and everyone else. He was the baby of the family and only 9 yrs older than me. His death was devastating.
I went to the viewing and saw him laying in the casket wearing the blue tuxedo he wore at my aunts wedding a month prior.
I'll never forget that.