• Replies 38 Comments
  • Views 256 Views

Blitty

guitartown
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Hopefully it’s just temporary, while they build a badass arena in Scottsdale.

utah coyotes

I've been following the story. This specific organization is gone, it's not going back to Arizona. The league is flipping the team over to the Jazz owner and pocketing $200M in the process (as a "relocation fee".) Now whether Meruelo manages to get the land and the arena he wants, I don't know, but looks like local politicians want nothing to do with the guy. The league does love the AZ market though, so I think a new expansion team will be back there eventually. Prolly not under Meruelo's ownership though. He seems to have burned too many bridges.

Sad stuff for the fanbase. I've been watching local AZ podcasts for the last week or so and the hosts were incredulous at first, going as far as mocking the reporter (Frank Seravalli) who broke the story. Now they're saying he was "bought" by the NHL to "plant" the story, lol. Sounds like everyone there was in complete denial about their team being in trouble.

Last edited:
In semi-related news, I've been buying Max Domi rookie/junior cards, just cause. Always been a fan.

max domi rookie cards

max domi junior cards

Josh Doan seems like a good rookie card to hold on to as well.

Congrats @kato !!

Mini-bash with some skiing and hockey next winter??!

Josh Doan seems like a good rookie card to hold on to as well.
Making a note of it. Looks like his Young Guns isn't out yet.

I have not been following this story.

It all happened super quickly earlier this week.

Mayor of Scottsdale now seems to be on board with Meruelo's arena plan. 🤦‍♂️ BIT LATE THERE, BUD.

Utah deserves a try! Arizona and hockey aren't perfect together. @kato any excitement to see hockey up there?

Utah Jizz
Utah Peyotes
SLC Punks
Utah Fivewives
Utah John Smiths