• Replies 38 Comments
  • Views 3,503 Views

Bread

Current Corpse
Since
Jan 20, 2010
Score
Tokens
I sense something special right around the corner. Can you feel that? Alright then. Let's hit some goddam winners.

Brock Lesnar -130
Shane Carwin +110

OK so let's not waste too much time on this headliner, featuring two of the biggest damn brutes that you will ever see. You know why? Because I'm absolutely clueless. Lesnar (4-1-0) is the UFC's newest BMOC. The HNIC, if you will. Remember in 'Lethal Weapon 2' when Riggs drops that gigantic shipping container on the bad guy? I imagine that once they lifted that container up, the villain closely resembled Frank Mir following his rematch with Lesnar. It was LOL-tastic!

Is the hair OK?
mir-bloody-ufc-100.jpg

The problem for Lesnar is that he hasn't fought in a year due to some semi-mysterious illness. I am always leery of cage rust. So there's that. And then, there's Shane Carwin (12-0-0).

This guy is just nasty. In watching him bully around guys like Mir and Gabriel Gonzaga, I can only describe it as a Popeye cartoon once he eats his spinach. It's over the top and comically frightening. Carwin is one of two guys in the UFC who stand any chance against Lesnar (Juniro dos Santos being the other).

This will be a fun fight, and I should leave it alone, but I won't. In such a close fight, I'll take the small dog, and bet against cage rust guy. Go Carwin.

Yoshihiro Akiyama -210
Chris Leben +175

It's a damn shame that Wandy Silva had to pull out of this fight. The best kind of money is easy money, and man was that some easy money. The UFC had to find a quick replacement.

There is short notice, then there is really short notice, and then, there is wtf!??!? short notice. Chris Leben (20-6-0) just fought two weeks ago! That is one strike. Leben is also a pretty one-dimensional fighter. Great knockout power, not much else. Strike two. Akiyama (13-1-0, 2 NC) is a well-rounded judo artist. He should have several tricks up his sleeve. Strike three.

BUT WAIT!!!

Fading Asians in the UFC, no matter what drunken monkey nonsense legend they bring along with them, is a goldmine. Every time I think the trend is over, it isn't. Fading the favored Asian and not thinking twice. Go Leben.

4873.jpg

Krzysztof Soszynski -250
Stephan Bonnar +210

This is a rematch of silly proportions. Back in February these two fought and Soszynski (bless you!) won in the third round. Replays showed that a cut on Bonnar's noggin was actually due to an inadvertent head butt. Rematch awarded. Whatever.

You like easy money? I got more of it!

Stephan Bonnar (14-7-0) remains in the UFC only because of his title fight for TUF Season One, which is widely praised for taking the UFC mainstream. The guy is just a joke. Krysztof (20-10-1) is going to murderize this fool. Go Soszynski.

Watch this. I dare you.

George Sotiropoulos -190
Kurt Pellegrino +165

There has been a buzz about George Sotiropoulos (12-2-0) ever since his days on The Ultimate Fighter. Now he has taken out a quality guy in Joe Stevenson, and a million vuvuzelas (vuvuzelae?) couldn't rival the Sotiropoulos buzz right now. There is one problem here - Kurt Pellegrino (21-4-0) ain't no joke.

I've been betting on 'Batman' Pellegrino for ages. That equates to four straight winners for both of us against Thiago Tavares, Rob Emerson (lol), Josh Neer and Fabricio Camoes. Go Pellegrino.

Sotiropoulos is of Greek descent, so you already know where he likes to put his vuvuzela.

The_Fart_Bike.jpg

Oopsie!

laughing-girl.jpg

Yes. More to come in case you don't like these. McB I feel it in the bones in my boobs tonight. I really do. Gym sucks.

Bread, I don't have enough experience to not like any of these plays. I will defer to your knowledge on all plays. Your boobs are very rarely wrong.

You are almost over the hump, the first few weeks are the most difficult. Remember that pain when decide you want to skip a few days of workouts.

is the Carwin/Lesnar match the main event? will that be on last?

is the Carwin/Lesnar match the main event? will that be on last?

Yessir.

McB I'm already feeling much better. But I went two days ago in complete and utter pain. To do cardio. Now...I've never used a cardio machine in my life. I tried jogging a year ago and it hurt my back. So I used the elliptical (sp?) glide machine. Dood after less than 10 mins my knees hurt. Maybe takes getting used to. So I got off and I stood up and I had NOTHING! My legs just gave out. Thank god I was by the wall so I just leaned back. Coulda been really embarrassing.

My body is fighting this all the way. I'll be back in stride after this weekend. My gut is overtaking me.

Keep up the good work at the gym and lets hope for some winners from your card tonight!

Thx buddy :cheers:

carwin
Leben
Krystof
Pellegrino

Brown
Petruzelli
Grove (biggest play)
Roberts (go illy)

parlay
carwin
Brown

parlay
leben
brown

parlay
krystof
petruzelli

I hope I sober up before tonight.

I hope I sober up before tonight.

Me too, this weekend is a mess.

Bread, may God bless your bets and your balls.

Thx BGS. Breadly Mandingo needs some winners.

Nice write-up Bread. I'm on board with your first three picks. Still looking at the rest of the card.

I think the layoff is going to hurt Brock too and Carwin is too smart and too big to allow Brock to fight his fight.

I've always liked Grove as long as he stays busy. Hopefully he will have his head in the fight.:depom:

Yoshihiro Akiyama -210
Chris Leben +175

It's a damn shame that Wandy Silva had to pull out of this fight. The best kind of money is easy money, and man was that some easy money. The UFC had to find a quick replacement.

There is short notice, then there is really short notice, and then, there is wtf!??!? short notice. Chris Leben (20-6-0) just fought two weeks ago! That is one strike. Leben is also a pretty one-dimensional fighter. Great knockout power, not much else. Strike two. Akiyama (13-1-0, 2 NC) is a well-rounded judo artist. He should have several tricks up his sleeve. Strike three.

BUT WAIT!!!

Fading Asians in the UFC, no matter what drunken monkey nonsense legend they bring along with them, is a goldmine. Every time I think the trend is over, it isn't. Fading the favored Asian and not thinking twice. Go Leben.

4873.jpg

Don't fade the Asain tonight Bread! Dude has been training for a year to kick Silva's ass and has refused to fight anyone else.

Akiyama will dominate this fight. He's faster, isn't afraid to stand and throw punches, circles away from opponents well. His weakness standing up is defending lower leg kicks. But he can turn leg kicks into takedowns where he has a huge advantage over Leben.

I see this fight going one of 2 ways: Akiyama submitting Leben in the 1st round, or Leben on his back for most of the fight earning Akiyama a unanimous decision.

Only thing that scares me is Akiyama's last fight against Belcher, Akiyama was really trying to play up to the audience and make it a more entertaining fight. He had some good exchanges with Belcher and won "Fight of the Night" award. If he keeps doing that shit, he's going to get knocked out.

too late LYM! On Leben, and have his dumb ass in a parlay as well. Operation Fade Asians in full E-F-F-E-C-T.

gl.

Brock Lesnar -140 x1.5
Akiyama wins by 3 round decision +263 x.5
Dave Branch +211 x.25
Bonnar wins by 3 round decision +405 x.75
R.Romero wins by submission +250 x.25
Matt Brown over 2.5 rounds -113 x1

still waiting to unload on the fourth generation Zainichi Korean Akiyama, probably my largest play of the night

Brock Lesnar -140 x1.5
Akiyama wins by 3 round decision +263 x.5
Dave Branch +211 x.25
Bonnar wins by 3 round decision +405 x.75
R.Romero wins by submission +250 x.25
Matt Brown over 2.5 rounds -113 x1

still waiting to unload on Akiyama, probably my largest play of the night

Could we BE more opposite? Conyo!!!